What's new

Anejos at Casa Fuente?

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Howdy Brothers...I have a question. (imagine that...)

Does the Casa Funete in Las Vegas regularly stock the Anejos, or do they just have them during the release periods of Christmas and Father's Day? I am going to Vegas in May for a bachelor party, and would like to pick up a few Sharks while I'm there. I know the Vegas store charges a premium, but due to the inavailability of the Sharks I'd still pick up a few. Anybody who has been to the Casa during the Spring, I'd appreciate any help you can offer. :eyebrow:

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I've heard they regularly stock them since that is a flagship store for Fuente. I've also heard they have other hard to get fuentes. You wouldn't want to go to a store that represents a whole brand and them not be in stock.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Sure hope that's true, the only other way I can figure to get some is to buy a box of something else from Tampasweethearts, and then I can still only get two of each vitola.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I'm pretty sure they will have everything you are looking for. Although you better bring your credit card.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
icehog3 said:
Sure hope that's true, the only other way I can figure to get some is to buy a box of something else from Tampasweethearts, and then I can still only get two of each vitola.
I live about 25 minutes from Tampa Sweethearts, and if you go to the store, then you do not have to buy a box of anything else. I would still be limited to two of each size per day. The last time I called, they told me that they had plenty of anejos in stock as well as Forbidden X. If you want me to ride down there, just PM me, and we can work something out.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
pharmgator said:
I live about 25 minutes from Tampa Sweethearts, and if you go to the store, then you do not have to buy a box of anything else. I would still be limited to two of each size per day. The last time I called, they told me that they had plenty of anejos in stock as well as Forbidden X. If you want me to ride down there, just PM me, and we can work something out.
That's awesome, I'll send you a PM with my e-mail and cell number. Whenever it is conveinent for you, there's no real rush, and whatever I can do to compensate you for your kindness.....Tom

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I was just in Vegas and Casa has plenty of Anejo's $60.00 for a Shark just to prepare you. The Casa brand cigars are good the wife and I had the Corona Gorda @ $18, the mojito's are excellent, the girls working are knowledgable and nice on the eyes.

If Pharmgator doesn't get you all you want/need PM me.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
rpb67 said:
Tom

Let me know. I can dig deep and help you with a few as well.

Rich
Hi Richard,

Maybe we could work out a little trade if you like...I have lots of Habanos, Graycliffs, Padrons, etc....let me know if there is anything in particular you would like. Hope your weekend is going well! Wish you could make the Louisville Herf!

Best Regards, Tom

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Wow, that is one expensive shark. I would rather spend more on certain fuentes that I can't normally get.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
cf2112 said:
I was just in Vegas and Casa has plenty of Anejo's $60.00 for a Shark just to prepare you. The Casa brand cigars are good the wife and I had the Corona Gorda @ $18, the mojito's are excellent, the girls working are knowledgable and nice on the eyes.

If Pharmgator doesn't get you all you want/need PM me.
$60?? Holy Crap, Batman!!

Thank you for the great offer, I will PM you after talking with P-Gator...Thanks!

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
To me, this is proof that the Fuentes opposing price gouging is a farse...they obviously don't give a rip if any other shop does it if their "flagship" store can charge that much for a Shark.

Rediculous.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
To me, this is proof that the Fuentes opposing price gouging is a farse...they obviously don't give a rip if any other shop does it if their "flagship" store can charge that much for a Shark.

Rediculous.
Rediculous is right. Fuentes are good cigars, but way overrated imho. I'll take a Padron 2K over most Fuentes anyday. That being said, I haven't had alot of Fuentes. But that could be because of.....drumroll....the price.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
If you know where to look, you can get fuentes at a decent price. The prices people do pay for them, way too much.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
caudio51 said:
If you know where to look, you can get fuentes at a decent price. The prices people do pay for them, way too much.
My local shop charges MSRP +10% cigar tax and 7.5% sales tax and always has boxes of Opus in stock and gets a good supply of holiday Fuentes. I'm not about to pay $60 for a Shark but when in Vegas you pay the experience.

tandblov

Just Another Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasch_24 said:

Rediculous.

Well, I have to disagree with you here wasch...

Casa Fuente is in the Forum Shops at Ceasers. Hands down, some of the most prized and costly retail space in the US if not the world. The overhead on a shop like Casa has got to be astronomical. Then add in the local and state tobacco taxes, etc...

In addition, as I'm sure many here already know, Casa is not owned or operated by the Fuente's. It is actually owned by the Frey brothers and Robert Levin of Holt's. Holt's has a strong relationship with Fuente, even, If I remember correctly, Holts is the exclusive importer of VSG's for the US. The Fuente's simply liscense the name to the Frey's and Levin. Fuente of course benefits from the tremendous brand exposure.

Put simply, Casa is not a retail store like your local B&M is. It is a high cost, luxury product retailer in the same retail space as Prada, Gucci, Tiffany (sp?), Armani, etc...

Would I pay 60$ for ANY Fuente? No way. But I can't agree that Casa "gouges". They are on par with what one would expect for the forum shops.

A great article is http://www.smokeshopmag.com/0805/cover.htm

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks for the info Tandblov. I see what you're saying. I still would have a hard time spending $60 for any cigar - but I guess if I were in Vegas on vacation, I might splurge and get one.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
tandblov said:
Well, I have to disagree with you here wasch...

Casa Fuente is in the Forum Shops at Ceasers. Hands down, some of the most prized and costly retail space in the US if not the world. The overhead on a shop like Casa has got to be astronomical. Then add in the local and state tobacco taxes, etc...

In addition, as I'm sure many here already know, Casa is not owned or operated by the Fuente's. It is actually owned by the Frey brothers and Robert Levin of Holt's. Holt's has a strong relationship with Fuente, even, If I remember correctly, Holts is the exclusive importer of VSG's for the US. The Fuente's simply liscense the name to the Frey's and Levin. Fuente of course benefits from the tremendous brand exposure.

Put simply, Casa is not a retail store like your local B&M is. It is a high cost, luxury product retailer in the same retail space as Prada, Gucci, Tiffany (sp?), Armani, etc...

Would I pay 60$ for ANY Fuente? No way. But I can't agree that Casa "gouges". They are on par with what one would expect for the forum shops.

A great article is http://www.smokeshopmag.com/0805/cover.htm
We'll have to agree to disagree then...IMO $60 is way to high regardless of taxes or how luxurious of an item it is...gouging, pure and simple. Even if Fuente doesn't own any interest in the shop it is a perfect example that, in practice, they couldn't care less about what shops charge for their products.