What's new

Angels Envy

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
I agree that air makes a difference MOST of the time. Sometimes the liquor is just bad though. I recently decided to start decanting all of my barrel proof liquors before enjoying them. I have a bottle of Stagg Jr that finally turned the corner this week. It was from the first release.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I agree that air makes a difference MOST of the time. Sometimes the liquor is just bad though. I recently decided to start decanting all of my barrel proof liquors before enjoying them. I have a bottle of Stagg Jr that finally turned the corner this week. It was from the first release.
Can I ask you to elaborate here on the stag?

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
The first release 134.4 was super hot and Damn near flavor-less as far as I was concerned. Overt the course of a year, I drank it periodically because I'd spent my money on it but I was always disappointed. Last week (with 40% of the bottle remaining) The heat has dissipated a little and I can actually taste the flavors in it.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
The first release 134.4 was super hot and Damn near flavor-less as far as I was concerned. Overt the course of a year, I drank it periodically because I'd spent my money on it but I was always disappointed. Last week (with 40% of the bottle remaining) The heat has dissipated a little and I can actually taste the flavors in it.
I'd be interested in the current proof level

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I do enjoy AE, but honestly it's a tad overpriced IMO. There are no shortage of equal or better bourbons for cheaper as far as I'm concerned. Now something that is unique, to me anyways, from them is their 'Finished Rye'. It's truly memorable, but at the price point it's a little steep for my little wallet.