What's new

Another fakes thread

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This always piques my interest with these threads because the Caribbean is just a place to rip off touristas and has been for decades. Cigars and purveyors who sell them know they have an edge on vacationers who come in by the tens of thousands and even if they get 10% ( more like 40% ) they are making a ton of money. They know that people have relatives who are cigar smokers and the itch to bring back what they think is authentic is such a temptation they invariably buy them because ....what's $30 or $50 when they are buying all kinds of stuff anyway.

These guys are smooth when selling fakes....I remember my first time in Cozumel in 1998 and actually bought 2 Cohiba Espys....( $20 for both ) and when I lit the first one the next day it was like the worst cigar...ever. Threw it away and I did an autopsy on the second one.....holy cow! This thing was all short filler and what looked like sawdust and floor sweepings and I swore...never again!

For all those who take trips to the Caribbean...unless it's LCDH...it's gonna be fake and I've heard horror stories of what others found inside of them as ICEHOG talked about. These counterfeiters could care less what is inside...they'll lace them with anything...and I mean anything and esp. now in this world climate where so many places hate Americans....I actually had a few admit to me that they'll contaminate anything that Americans will buy just to do harm. There are too many ways to get CC's where you don't have to take chances like that....buying product in the Caribbean is crazy and not worth taking a chance esp. when it concerns cigars. JMHO

Last edited: