What's new

Another New Guy!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hi y'all,

My name is Rich and I'm a college student in Wisconsin. After I graduate in May, I'm heading down to the Mississippi Delta region (I don't know exactly where yet) to teach elementary school. I plan on going back to school after a few years of work so I can get my PhD in philosophy. But enough about that.

I started smoking cigars in the summer of 2006 and my interest has continually increased. I recently set up my second desktop humidor.

I've seen BOTL mentioned a bunch of times on todayscigar.com, so I figured I'd come check the place out and see what you guys have going on over here. From my brief look around, it seems like a pretty sweet board.

Anyway, this is just a newb saying hi. Hi!

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Welcome aboard Rich! :waving:

Congrats on your upcoming graduation and future teaching position. We need more quality people as teachers.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thanks! I definitely agree that we need more quality teachers. I don't know what gives you the impression that I'll be one though :rolling:

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Well I was just giving you the benefit of the doubt. But good or bad, I applaud the effort. It takes guts to stand in front of 30+ kids and try to encourage them to learn.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I figure I'll do pretty well, yeah. The program I entered targets economically and socially disadvantaged areas, and I'll be charged with getting the kids to gain at least a grade level and a half in the year I've got them. I'll get to go through tons of training in the summer to make sure I can do it. It's pretty exciting.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
The delta huh? Not much exciting things go on over there. I'd try to get a job extreme north where it isn't a long drive to Memphis. :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Welcome to BOTL!
(If one of those mentions was from Euritt, that was me!) :laugh:

Glad you finally took the hint and came by, you won't regret it....

:welcome:

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
well i was gonna applaud another wisconsinite but if your going down to the delta region, to hell with ya!!!!! J/K!!!!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thanks for the welcome, guys. You're all quite kind to newbies. I haven't felt this loved since that cult was recruiting....haha just kiddin'.

And kirscovitch, I've lived in WI my whole life so moving is going to be WEIRD.

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
where in WI did you grow up?? been in beloit?? and when exactly are you leaving?? baseball season is almost here and im down in milwaukee quite frequently for Brewer games.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I grew up on the rural edge of the Milwaukee suburbs (Sussex, if that helps). And I've only been in Beloit for college. I head down south near the beginning of June.

You must be going to the games to enjoy the new stadium, 'cause the Brewers are rarely worth watching :razz:

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Haven't they been "rebuilding" for as long as I've been alive? I have some pretty good memories of Brewers games, though. Robin Yount was pretty awesome back in the day. And, if I remember correctly, Mark McGwire hit a couple of his high-tallying home runs down in Milwaukee. The strangest part of Brewers games was that there was always someone smoking a cigar near where I was sitting. So maybe I've bumped into you and just didn't know it. haha.