What's new

Another round of is this fake? Maduro 5's

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Saw this on my local OfferUp up. Priced to be real but no clue about these. Anyone?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Most wooden inserts on fakes never have the curved finger cutout. Not saying they can't replicate it but I don't see it on fakes.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Most wooden inserts on fakes never have the curved finger cutout. Not saying they can't replicate it but I don't see it on fakes.

Agreed. Many have the crescent cut on the veneer sheets but some brands don't. The struggle is real my friends! :rage:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have to question authenticity, I've come to the realization it's fake. I'm generally clueless in the Cc side of things but have even pointed out fakes to buddies who thought they bought the real deal and are seasoned cigar enthusiasts.

Cohibas is the Rolex of forgeries and has turned me into a bonafide sceptic at all times.

Sometimes I wish I could meet up with these scammers as a interested buyer just so I can break the box over their head but they may be just as clueless - most likely not and they know exactly what they are doing.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
"The cut off row of white dots at the top says fake to me."
you have good eyes, but you missed the elephant in the room.
The gold is too shiny, the hologram is missing, the yellow is too light.
The half dots are not a red flag, that is merely poor registration ..............

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
"The cut off row of white dots at the top says fake to me."
you have good eyes, but you missed the elephant in the room.
The gold is too shiny, the hologram is missing, the yellow is too light.
The half dots are not a red flag, that is merely poor registration ..............
I don't have a lot of experience with Cohibas, and none with the maduros, so I wasn't sure how that band differed from the regular line. I always look to the dots, and somehow that's the thing they always get wrong.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't blame a guy for at least trying. Most fakes are real easy spots. He did send me a better pic but shrug.

White spots cut off on top, gold is wrong color, head is too close to top as well as no hologram or imprint, and should have a distinct and equal black outline around the head.

I know people make replicas of everything in this world it seems today and purposefully change a small thing. But most fakes are sloppy in the cigar market from what I've seen and surprised some people can't see it. The hologram is probably to much investment upon return to replicate accurately in a knockoff- could be wrong but that's usually the first thing I see.

Someone told me recently that people replicate Padrons?!! Wth is going on