What's new

Another round of is this fake? Maduro 5's

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
White spots cut off on top, gold is wrong color, head is too close to top as well as no hologram or imprint, and should have a distinct and equal black outline around the head.

I know people make replicas of everything in this world it seems today and purposefully change a small thing. But most fakes are sloppy in the cigar market from what I've seen and surprised some people can't see it. The hologram is probably to much investment upon return to replicate accurately in a knockoff- could be wrong but that's usually the first thing I see.

Someone told me recently that people replicate Padrons?!! Wth is going on
We'll be seeing fake Vegueros at the rate this is going. :stop:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The labels are way off on these, dead give away for me, the only thing missing is a glass top box and celo and these would be a homerun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There are so many instances of posts asking for authenticity that it shakes the soul. If one has to ask about them being authentic then it should ring the bell as to researching first. Noobs tend to want to buy anything from anywhere and expect it to be authentic without first doing their due diligence of doing their homework in ascertaining if something is real or not. There are factors at play as to how to spot a fake/real CC and a lot of folks will give you answers as to what they say to look for but if you're not acquainted with how to spot them....most likely you're going to get suckered. There is a ton of info as to how to spot a fake CC....take the time to learn how to do this...just like anything else in life sometimes you have to do the real work to become educated.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well for starters I am a newer cigar smoker. Not much experience with CC so I try to learn as much as I can to spot fakes before I think about buying em. Shrug, sorry if anyone gets offended for the post but I'll never be scared to ask questions.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Well for starters I am a newer cigar smoker. Not much experience with CC so I try to learn as much as I can to spot fakes before I think about buying em. Shrug, sorry if anyone gets offended for the post but I'll never be scared to ask questions.

No worries, best way is to educate yourself by reading some older threads and checking out the cuban cigar website. It will save you a lot of money in the long run.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Genuine Cohiba Maduro come with a cardboard protective box that have the seals and stamps. I have a box if you'd like some pics for comparisons.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"The cut off row of white dots at the top says fake to me."
you have good eyes, but you missed the elephant in the room.
The gold is too shiny, the hologram is missing, the yellow is too light.
The half dots are not a red flag, that is merely poor registration ..............
Earlier versions don't have holograms. I'll post mine in a few minutes.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Genuine Cohiba Maduro come with a cardboard protective box that have the seals and stamps. I have a box if you'd like some pics for comparisons.

That would be sweet

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are from 14 so they have the older band. I'm thinking those that are posted are fakes my friend.

Box seems off, too shiny and no habanos sticker. Cigars vary across shades of darkness. The band seems wonky.

Last edited:

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

We're not offended at all and we'd rather help a brother out before he gets taken for a ride and spends good money on fakes or worse yet...smoke a fake cigar with floor sweepings and other stuff you don't even want to know. Those who make fake Fubans wouldn't care if they put horse$hit or even worse in them....they obviously aren't worrying about your intake.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the maduro band different from the siglo band (other than saying maduro)? I have a siglo with a white border around the face like this
The pic of the one posted is black, and smokesilent said it is supposed to be black. I'm asking because I don't know. Never even seen a cohiba robusto maduro.

Also, my understanding is the older bands don't have the holo, but don't have the face either. Did they release some with a face, but no holo? The band on mine has holos on the top and bottom gold band as well, but I don't think that would show at all in a photo of such low res as the one the OP posted in this thread.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have looked around a bit. All the cohiba maduro's I see are cohiba maduro 5. None of them seem to have labels with the face on them. Is this another change since the new band in 2015?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for that. You can clearly see evidence of the holo on the upper and lower gold bands. The face is surrounded by white, and the white squares just below the upper band are not cut off. I did find something on reddit that indicated these bands were new for the maduro 5 less than a year ago. So probably the sites I looked at haven't bothered to upgrade their photos.
I'd say that pretty much indicates the OP's pic is a fake band (if there even was any lingering doubt at this point).