What's new

Anthony Boudain visits Cuba

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Has anyone else seen the commercials on Travel Channel for the premier of No Reservations on Jul 11?

Anthony Bourdain is visiting Cuba. I'm looking forward to watching. I just don't understand how he can do a show on Cuba without a bunch of heartache from the powers that be?

Of all the travel shows he seems to be the only one I can think of to visit Cuba.

Thanks
James

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Andrew Zimmern actually did an episode there 2 or 3 seasons ago. Not much about cigars at all being a food show, but definitely worth watching.

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
Has anyone else seen the commercials on Travel Channel for the premier of No Reservations on Jul 11?

Anthony Bourdain is visiting Cuba. I'm looking forward to watching. I just don't understand how he can do a show on Cuba without a bunch of heartache from the powers that be?

Of all the travel shows he seems to be the only one I can think of to visit Cuba.

Thanks
James
With the new lax laws on travel to Cuba, any person can go to Cuba now. There are loads of companies in the U.S. that will get government permission for you to travel to Cuba legally. There are quite a few plane flights from the U.S. to Cuba as well. So don't think that Cuba is this forbidden island, cause it is not. It just takes a little persistence and research to find out that a trip to the ISOM is a reality.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Yes, under the law they actually can bring back cigars. ALthough not as many as I would want..l;ol
It is something like $100 limit isn't it? I haven't checked the laws lately. A lot of things got changed under the previous administration so I don't know what has happened since then.

My friend had gone as a student but I think they had cut down on that at one point.

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
A few things I noticed. Their passion for arguing about baseball seems to be a replacement for politics. Very good show but all of the beauty will change quickly when the embargo is lifted. All in all a good opening to Cuba if you are like me and don't know much about it aside from cigars and our history with them.