What's new

Anti Virus

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well I presently have Mcafee, how ever we use Nortons at work. They seem similar. For some reason I'm leaning towards Nortons this time around tho.

I'm not sure what to get, what is everyone prefer?

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have Norton on my desktop and Mcafee on my laptop. I prefer Norton partly out of familiarity but mostly due to the fact that it recently took me several months to get a Mcafee update that I paid for to download to my laptop. Their customer support sucked wind. The FAQ's they kept refering me to were useless and the online support rep that I finally got hooked up with didn't have a clue as to why it wasn't working. I wound up having to call their pay-per minute service line twice. The first time I called they were baffled and were supposed to call me back and never did. I had to call them again and both times I spent most of the time on hold while the meter ran (at like $3.00 per minute). It cost me around $80 to get the update to work after paying something like $30 for the update itself. Never again.

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
There are a lot of virus programs, but imho, you can't go wrong with any of the big names like norton, mcaffee, pc-cillin, etc.

My .02

~Eric

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I'm using AVG at work and on the Laptop. I like it better than any I've used before. Easiest system I've ever seen. Too bad they stopped offering it for free recently...