What's new

Any body been shot?

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Also been shot at purposefully but not hit.
Took a fragment in the neck from someone else's accidental discharge into a concrete wall in the range. Still in there, with no ill effects.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
My friend Elijah was shooting cans and I went to move one and he for some reason shot.... Thank goodness it was only a pump BB gun. I was hit right on the thumb. Ten years later I broke my wrist and the doctor says,"Huh there is a round object in your hand...... Hasn't caused me any problems 20 years later. There's my story.

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've been caught in a gentle "rain" of bird shot an a couple of occasions but the worst that's happened to me was back when I was into Cowboy Action Shooting. Had a small fragment ricochet off of a steel target and give me small cut on the cheek. (Yes! Eye protection in place.) Any smaller and it wouldn't have bled at all, I think.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
October 1980 around midnight. Not Seaside Heights, but down the NJ shore. It was off season so the streets were pretty deserted. John was speeding down the main blvd. Like 70. Blew by a cop. I was passenger. We were experts at spotting cops and by the time he pulled out, and got up to speed, we were blocks away. John killed his lights, pulled off some side streets and hammered up a one way street ( deserted vacation homes and empty driveways ) The trick was we were now heading north, a few blocks parallel to the blvd, in the exact opposite of the direction we were initially headed. John pulled into a driveway and shut down.

Plan was that we had enough distance between us and 5.0 .. So we'll kill 15 minutes here and then be on our way. So I have the window down smoking a cigarette.
Barely 5 minutes went by., I heard a click and I had a gun to my temple. " Don't move. Don't move a muscle. "

You got it Sarge.

Well for a single cop alone, securing, patting down, and getting confident with the situation, he did real well. He never called for backup. Pretty bad ass cop.
We ( sorta? ) convinced him we never saw him, were simply lost, and decided to stop and rest. He said he'd let the evading and one way summons go. If John promised not to dispute the speeding ticket.
I doubt John paid it. He would be doing time in Rahway about 8 months later.

That's the time I almost got shot in the head though.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Had a gun pointed dead in my face never shot cept for bb's and pellets. Talk about cold sweat looking down the business end of a pistol ant no joke. A feeling i hope i never have to experience ever again
One night i almost kicked my big ass biker neighbor's door in because he wouldn't turn down his music. He answered the door with a desert eagle pointed at me three inches from my head. That was scary.

Also had six squad cars roll up on me and a friend as we were on our way home from national guard drill weekend. We were still in BDUs, and they had us on the hot pavement, face down, knees on our backs and wrists and legs, with guns pressed into our necks, while they waited to supposedly find out if we were robbery suspects. Not an uncommon form of police harassment when you live in the hood and/or aren't white. Fun times.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Not an uncommon form of police harassment when you live in the hood and/or aren't white. Fun times.
I grew up in "the hood". East New York Brooklyn was the armpit of the universe.

Actually, been shot at a few times. I was not in the military (4F). This particular time I was 16 and sitting on my friends' stoop in ENY Brooklyn and 3 or 4 squad cars screeched to a stop and next thing I knew I was looking down the barrels of 3 Mossberg pumps and 4 to 6 38 revolvers and "DON'T FUCKING MOVE!!!!" Apparently the Citibank 2 blocks away was just held up and fit the description of one of the perps. If I had even twitched I would have had been shot more than Daffy Duck during Wabbit season.