What's new

Any body been shot?

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
Cool stories, guys.
I've been shot, but not maimed and nothing immediately life threatening.
Getting shot seems to be something the occasional gentleman might experience in life, war, training, on duty - etc. Thought there might be a few good stories out there - and I was right.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I sort of shot myself in the face with a 22. Pretty much the same scenario as Ralphie in a Christmas story. I was shooting some cans that were in top of an old railroad tie in front of a dirt mound. One round came directly back and got me on my nose. If I was an inch shorter I would most likely lost my eye. I had my safety glasses pushed up my forehead so I could see through the scope.
Eyes and ears guys. That's no joke. I got really lucky on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do .410 shotgun pellets count? When we were kids my little brother got me in the thigh and calf with some in a moment of poor situational awareness.
When he realized what he had done he didn't ask if I was all right or anything, just ran home. :rolleyes: Everyone should have a couple younger brothers.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Had a gun pulled on me in a bar parking lot, thank God for my friends that grabbed him and beat the hell out of him.

Shot a friend. Duck hunting, his gun, loaded in chamber, safety off, laying on top the boat paddle. "Hurry up, hand me the paddle, I'm getting stuck in the mud", you can imagine the rest. Blew a hole the size of a grapefruit in the bow of the boat, couple of #4s in his belly, broken finger and destroyed camo jacket. I got a powder burn on my wrist the size of a baseball. Almost lost my left hand that day.

Had a bad shotgun shell leave the wad in the barrel once. Next round split the barrel about 6 inches from my nose, knocked my hat off. Can't tell you how many times I felt lead rain in the duck pond.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
A guy got shot in the back at the local shooting range yesterday morning. I had planned on going yesterday morning, but I was needed to babysit one of my grandkids at the last moment. Apparently the guy went down range, thinking it was safe and a gun that was being worked on discharged because he didn't make the gun safe before trying to disassemble. News didn't report the mans condition. Be careful out there.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a point blank shot from an empty nail gun once in my teens. 150# air pressure, my "friend" didn't realize the driver actually came out to drive the nails in..... He checked it was empty, then shot me in the arm with it while I had my back turned to him. It punched nice hole in my arm, that I still have a scar from. But never actually shot with a real gun though....