What's new

Any Brands You Don't Like?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that there are certain brands that I just can not stand...the top two being 5 Vegas and Rockey Patel (but then there is Gurkha...ugh). Rocky's OWR and Decade are ok, but the rest just seems like mass produced garbage to me...who have all of you BOTL tried that you just don't "appreciate"?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I find that there are certain brands that I just can not stand...the top two being 5 Vegas and Rockey Patel (but then there is Gurkha...ugh). Rocky's OWR and Decade are ok, but the rest just seems like mass produced garbage to me...who have all of you BOTL tried that you just don't "appreciate"?
Those 2 are definitely a good start... I don't vilify Gurhka as much as some on here do but then again I haven't had any in quite some time.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those 2 are definitely a good start... I don't vilify Gurhka as much as some on here do but then again I haven't had any in quite some time.
I do agree...I have had some Gurkha that I actually quite enjoyed! I really do like the legend and the masters select robusto #4 (for a cheap stick it is decent). The Crest is another one that I do like...the problem with Gurkha is that they just mass produce the shit out of everything...maybe if they would concentrate on blending and perfecting as opposed to throwing as many dog rockets together that they can, MAYBE they would be more respected in the cigar community.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0

I am not much of a fan of the brands under the Altadis umbrella. I am noticing that some of their brands are finally making full flavored cigars so I might go back and try some of them. I am not a fan of Ghurka cigars either.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I am not much of a fan of the brands under the Altadis umbrella. I am noticing that some of their brands are finally making full flavored cigars so I might go back and try some of them. I am not a fan of Ghurka cigars either.
fully seconded, and advise against hoping too much. romeo habana reserve is the most smokable thing they have, and i would still rather have a tatuaje. for less. and better made.

also, i have really never had any luck with anything from fonseca. including the casa magna. sorry, but there it is.

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
Most Fuentes except the Opus X XxX Belicoso. I really don't care for Rocky Patels, most CAO, Ghurka, Davidoff, Nub, Cain, Gran Habano, Te-Amo, Nestor Miranda or Nestor Plasencia, 5 Vegas, and alot of Drew Estate stuff except Ligas. Almost anything by Altadis and General cigar is garbage. Old Alec Bradley's don't do it for me neither, but I do like their new stuff.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Bunch of haters and elitists.....:)

Man, I wouldn't turn down a RP Edge Corojo torp, CAO La Traviata Maduro Robusto, Gurkha Titan, Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro Magistri, Matasa 30th beli, 5 Vegas A Anomaly, Gran Habano #5 Robusto, Macanudo 1968 toro, Montecristo Serie C corona, or......

Just saying that I think it is bad form, if not a little pretentious, to write off any entire marque. (I admit that I've done it before to a couple of lines, but I'll resist in the future, as I bet I can find something I like in those, too.)

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
One thing I have figured out while distributing cigars is it is much better to talk about cigars you like and thier good qualities instead of talking about the ones you hate. Someone else may love that cigar you are hating on, to each his own.

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
One thing I have figured out while distributing cigars is it is much better to talk about cigars you like and thier good qualities instead of talking about the ones you hate. Someone else may love that cigar you are hating on, to each his own.
Well said sir:applause:
My everyday NC rotation:
Tat
Viaje
EPC
Padron
Liga Privada

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I cant say I hate anything other than infused cigars. I'll give anything a try and if I like it I'll try it again.

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Most Fuentes except the Opus X XxX Belicoso. I really don't care for Rocky Patels, most CAO, Ghurka, Davidoff, Nub, Cain, Gran Habano, Te-Amo, Nestor Miranda or Nestor Plasencia, 5 Vegas, and alot of Drew Estate stuff except Ligas. Almost anything by Altadis and General cigar is garbage. Old Alec Bradley's don't do it for me neither, but I do like their new stuff.
AB's new stuff I really enjoy... The black Market is one of my favorite cigars this year.