What's new

Any Chess Players Here?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoy playing chess. I usually play on an app I have. Never played competitively, but always enjoyed playing.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
My grandfather was a master chess player and taught me when I was a kid. I beat him the last time we played which was over 10 years ago. I havent played in about 8 years and played a friend who is amazing at it and lost 8 times within 10 moves. I wish i wouldve stuck with it.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My dad taught me when I was in grade school. I played through HS and college. I lived next door to an awesome player in college that played against one of the chess games back in the early 80's. He's let the game take 24 hours to decide on it's move and then immediately make a move. He didn't lose very often. Somewhere in the house I've got a chess computer, but I haven't played in years. I took an elective an college "The Logic of Chess" - a 3 credit class that met once a week at night. The teacher was a chess master and the class a blast. He'd teach openings, middle game, and how to close and then we'd play games.

My dad still gives me grief when a few years ago we were at a cigar bar and a woman asked if I wanted to play chess. I let her have my queen in the first few moves, and still beat her so she walked away mad. My dad said that I could have at least let her win so I could get her phone number, but I told him that if she can't beat me at chess when I am playing without a queen and haven't played a game in 5 years then it isn't worth much.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
My dad taught me when I was in grade school. I played through HS and college. I lived next door to an awesome player in college that played against one of the chess games back in the early 80's. He's let the game take 24 hours to decide on it's move and then immediately make a move. He didn't lose very often. Somewhere in the house I've got a chess computer, but I haven't played in years. I took an elective an college "The Logic of Chess" - a 3 credit class that met once a week at night. The teacher was a chess master and the class a blast. He'd teach openings, middle game, and how to close and then we'd play games.

My dad still gives me grief when a few years ago we were at a cigar bar and a woman asked if I wanted to play chess. I let her have my queen in the first few moves, and still beat her so she walked away mad. My dad said that I could have at least let her win so I could get her phone number, but I told him that if she can't beat me at chess when I am playing without a queen and haven't played a game in 5 years then it isn't worth much.
Great story.

-KK33-

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
How did I miss this thread? I'm an avid chess player. Played a little competitively, but these days don't have much time to play tournaments. Most of my games take place via correspondence (e-mail or server) or on chessclub.com. I don't have a smart phone, but if anyone would like to play I'm up for a game any time. Just PM me and we can sort out details.

Dan

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I've played a little. Definitely a beginner/novice. I just ordered a 12" travel chess set from Chess House, and will probably order the Grandmaster set from House of Staunton. Planning on playing more often in the near future.