What's new

Any cigar noobs out there wondering how to properly light a cigar? We made a video!

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Think ive seen a video on here before about this. Only difference is I don't puff, puff puff ever while lighting. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
While I don't ever touch my torch to the cigar and I do toast it...even if it were to touch, you won't affect the entire cigar or make the entire cigar burn hot. It may make it hot to start and a bit bitter, but once you don't hit on it for a minute or so, the temp will even out. At least my experience...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok... I'll bite. In opinion: If you "over heat" your cigar at initial light will it affect the taste all the way through??? Makes me wonder about some of those "off nights" outside with what I remember as a great cigar. And then off months later.

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Never even seen a cedar spill. Where do you guys get these? Are they just the cedar sheet that is inside certain boxes?
Yup. Just break them lengthwise roughly about 1/2" thick or so. Most cigar shops, especially if you're a regular, will give you the sheets if you ask them for them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's nothing I can do with a torch or safe flame that I can't do with matches. The only problem I have is with Diamond 3" sticks is that sometimes the heads separate from the stick in the course of using them, sometimes landing on my hands and sticking. But it's just a small burn. I've yet to own a lighter that wasn't a pain in the ass and am unsure whether I'll buy another. I am mostly a pipe smoker, and matches are certainly the most workable for me with them. Lighting a cigar presents much more tobacco to be ignited, but if you've not used matches with cigars you might be surprised how easy this is.