What's new

Any info on Tatuaje La Casita Criolla or Fausto

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
La Casita Criolla will be in 3 different vitollas that will be a Nica/Mexican blend! Conneticut Broadleaf wrapper.Not much info is out there on them. I'm sure Pete will chime in with some info though!

As for the Mexican tobacco, in the past, there has been a negative connotation with this tobacco. But think about this, there are some manufacturers that hve been using Mexican tobacco and say nothing about it in the blend.

I'm looking forward to this next blend.,

The Fausto will be in 3 vitollas and have a NIca BInder and filler and an Ecuadorian Habano Maduro wrapper.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
As for the Mexican tobacco, in the past, there has been a negative connotation with this tobacco. But think about this, there are some manufacturers that hve been using Mexican tobacco and say nothing about it in the blend.
IIRC, the Murcielago has Mexican tobacco in it. The Murcielago's are tasty :skew:

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Glad to see that Pete has the site up and running. Already noticed some typos. The site has the brown labels listed as having a Habano Ecuador wrapper, the Reservas and Cojonus too. Unless I completely missed something, pretty sure the Browns have a Nicaraguan Corojo wrapper.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Glad to see that Pete has the site up and running. Already noticed some typos. The site has the brown labels listed as having a Habano Ecuador wrapper, the Reservas and Cojonus too. Unless I completely missed something, pretty sure the Browns have a Nicaraguan Corojo wrapper.
Originally, they were Nica corojo wrappers, but I think Pete changed them due to the delicate nature of the wrapper to the Ecuador Habano and they haven't been as good since the change, IMO. Anyone know when Pete made the change?

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I believe that Pete changed to Ecuador Habano wrapper at least 3 years ago. The Fausto is the T110 blend.
I think it was more recent than that. I found articles from 2008 and Feb. 2009 still referring to Corojo '99 wrappers. Those articles could be wrong, but I think it was within the last 18 months.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I think it was more recent than that. I found articles from 2008 and Feb. 2009 still referring to Corojo '99 wrappers. Those articles could be wrong, but I think it was within the last 18 months.
A few months ago Pete told me it was at least 3 years. I was talking to Andy at Tatuaje today and he confirmed this. Apparently there were burn issues with the Corojo wrapper