What's new

Any info on Tatuaje La Casita Criolla or Fausto

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
By the way, La Casita is a rustic "Henry Clay-ish" cigar with a Conn. Broadleaf wrapper. Pete is still working on the blend and sizes.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
So these haven't been Nica puros since 2007??? Seems like more people would have known that, as virtually every review I've seen listed them with Nica Corojo '99 wrappers. Was it 4 years ago they went to a higher priming wrapper?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So these haven't been Nica puros since 2007??? Seems like more people would have known that, as virtually every review I've seen listed them with Nica Corojo '99 wrappers. Was it 4 years ago they went to a higher priming wrapper?
Yeah, I'm surprised to learn it may have been longer ago as well. However, if Pete's website didn't change, then most people probably pulled info from that...

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
is the Fausto going to be limited - either in quantity or number of retailers - or with the expansion into different vitolas will it be more regular production and widely available?

LiLo

Fire me up a
Rating - 98.7%
103   1   1
is the Fausto going to be limited - either in quantity or number of retailers - or with the expansion into different vitolas will it be more regular production and widely available?
far as i know both la casita and fausto will be regular production lines. Widely available.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
far as i know both la casita and fausto will be regular production lines. Widely available.
Yes. These are both going to be regular production. Also the T110 blend will be different than the original release blend. Pete wants to keep the first T110 blend alone. So this new T110 will infact be tweeked.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The T110 blend is the Fausto blend....The T110 size will not be made in the line but the blend is the same.......
Sizes to start are maybe....
F133 x 52
F152 x 50
F171 x 48

could be also

F127 x 54
F140 x 52
F153 x 50
F166 x 48

Last edited:

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
The T110 blend is the Fausto blend....The T110 size will not be made in the line but the blend is the same.......
Sizes to start are
F133 - 5 1/4 x 52
F152 - 6 x 50
F171 - 6 3/4 x 48
6x50 has my name written all over it.... :drool:

Tats and Fuentes are what keep me from going all the way to the dark side...

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Sizes to start are maybe....
F133 x 52
F152 x 50
F171 x 48

could be also

F127 x 54
F140 x 52
F153 x 50
F166 x 48
Thanks for clearing up the confusion good sir! Can't wait to get my paws on some...liking that 48er.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
La Casita will be 100% Connecticut Broadleaf... Sounds kinda weird... but I'm willing to give it a go.
Just read that on Pete's Facebook page ... sounds sweet!

At first I assumed he's talking about the maduro Broadleaf that he's been (rightfully) obsessed with of late, as have many of us. But it's likely there will be a mix of leaf types, as making an all maduro cigar is difficult, but all of it will be Broadleaf it seems.

This has the potential to be a huge hit for me, as the Broadleaf has been hitting my favorite cigar one-two punch lately: spicy + sweet. I just love that.

This will be Pete's first all-American cigar then, I suppose (unless some of the leaf is not from the Conn/PA/MA farms), which is very interesting. I guess they'll ship all the tobacco to Nica just to ship most of it back here, lol. The modern world is funny.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Not sure what other types of broadleaf you are talking about Nate as Pete said 100% Conn Broadleaf which he currently uses... I think it has to be all made out of the pure dark goodness many of us love. If that's true, I can't really picture the cigar being balanced enough but I will definitely give it a try! :)

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Not sure what other types of broadleaf you are talking about Nate as Pete said 100% Conn Broadleaf which he currently uses... I think it has to be all made out of the pure dark goodness many of us love. If that's true, I can't really picture the cigar being balanced enough but I will definitely give it a try! :)
Well, I meant different parts of the plant, and different levels of fermentation and color (i.e. not a bunch of La Riqueza wrapper rolled into a cigar ... though that would be epic). Basically, he didn't say all maduro. But maybe that's what he meant anyway. I find the Camacho Triple Maduro to be kinda boring myself (except the smallest size), so having a spicier all-maduro cigar would be awesome.

Too bad we have to wait until July :(

Last edited:

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Well, I meant different parts of the plant, and different levels of fermentation (i.e. not a bunch of La Riqueza wrapper rolled into a cigar ... though that would be epic). Basically, he didn't say all maduro. But I suspect that's what he meant anyway. I find the Camacho Triple Maduro to be kinda boring myself (except the smallest size), so having a spicier all-maduro cigar would be awesome.

Too bad we have to wait until July :(
More than enough to hold us over until then, though... black lanceros in a few weeks if you got down on the pre-order goodness. Viaje is bound to have some LE's soon, too, I'm sure.

Actually, we better start saving cause you're going to want a box of these and Fausto!