What's new

Any Macklemore fans?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I've been listening to lots and lots of Macklemore lately, and probably play The Heist -in full- at least once a day.
I know some of the Halfwheel crew are fans, but any more brothers here? What do you like / dislike? Any artists similar I should check out?

[video=youtube;3ei9XhIS2g4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ei9XhIS2g4[/video]

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just started listening to him, but I am really becoming a fan. Would also like to hear about similar artists. I love the kind of underground/indie hip hop that doesn't get much radio play. Well, at least not on Atlanta radio.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
For the similar ones I have, check out: Atmosphere, Childish Gambino, and definitely Immortal Technique. Perhaps a little bit of Tsu Surf, though he leans more towards the stereotypical "check out my swag" rap/hip-hop and less of story-telling and such.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have been meaning to give his stuff a listen.

Childish Gambino is my main artist right now. It's hard to believe he is Troy on Community too lol

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
My 9 year old daughter and I sing Thrift Shop together at least twice a day!
She won't sing the bad words, and my wife just shakes her head...

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You guys must enjoy thrifting huh?

Am I the only BOTL that enjoys his rap to be as ignorant as possible? I feel like that's what makes it entertaining. I'm not easily impressed by some hipster talking about how sweet a deal he got on is no brand name clothing.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
You guys must enjoy thrifting huh?

Am I the only BOTL that enjoys his rap to be as ignorant as possible? I feel like that's what makes it entertaining. I'm not easily impressed by some hipster talking about how sweet a deal he got on is no brand name clothing.
Wat.
Either trolling, or you haven't listened to any of his music and are just posting nonsensical crap.

Per Thrift Shop, you're totally missing the point of the song... in addition to throwing out a BS label of "hipster." He also deals with a lot of very serious issues including gay rights (Same Love), substance abuse (Otherside), and finance (Jimmy Iovine).

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have heard his one song on the radio and if that says anything about his music in general then I'm just not interested. Waka Flocka and Gucci are my favorite rappers ATM if that tells you anything about my tastes when it comes to rap.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Macklemore is pretty big here in the Northwest. I don't really have an opinion about his music, but I will say he is good live. He did a free show at my University and I was pretty impressed by his stage presence.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I was in a night club in Vegas over the weekend. The Bank in Bellagio. Place was slammin. They played Thrift Shop...I went nuts.

What you know about rocking the wolf on your noggin?

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
My roommate loves Mackelbore. My roommate is a loser/tool, ergo, Macklemore annoys the shit out of me. Ask vando. My roommate sucks.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Let me save everyone a few steps here... The NC vs CC argument also applies here.
People have different tastes.
The end.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
[video=youtube_share;JrEJmvuKSwo]http://youtu.be/JrEJmvuKSwo[/video]

People said the same shit about Eminem when his music first hit the market... Now I am not saying that he is as talented as Eminem, I am just saying you gotta appreciate his lyrics... He has a good beat, producers, and lyrics... Give him a chance... BTW his song Thrift-shop has been number #1 on the billboards for weeks now, and get this... He is an un-signed artist... Now that's Original!

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I absolutely love Macklemore. I saw him at a show a few years ago where he actually was the opener before he got really famous. Being from Seattle you could see his passion and he just rocked the show like no other, still the best concert I have been to in my life bar none. His lyrics are very well thought out and deep; compared to modern rappers who only talk about doing drugs, whores, and being criminals. Listen to the lyrics of Otherside, The Town, Wings, My Oh My, Starting Over, and many more and tell me he isn't doing this as a love of music and not just for money.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Yeah, I've been listening since The Heist dropped. I respect their music for sure. I can always get down with music that has some substance.

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I absolutely love Macklemore. I saw him at a show a few years ago where he actually was the opener before he got really famous. Being from Seattle you could see his passion and he just rocked the show like no other, still the best concert I have been to in my life bar none. His lyrics are very well thought out and deep; compared to modern rappers who only talk about doing drugs, whores, and being criminals. Listen to the lyrics of Otherside, The Town, Wings, My Oh My, Starting Over, and many more and tell me he isn't doing this as a love of music and not just for money.
Can't wait for Otherside (documentary) to come out.