What's new

any one into f1?

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
My two month old son was nice enough to wake me up at 4am today. Hes been fussy ever since. Saw the race was starting on tv. He finally chilled out when he saw the race cars lol Any one else into f1 ? I like any kind of racing that turns left And right;) hoping to take my 2 y o to the 100 acre woods rally next febuary

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I'm a huge fan of F1. Being in the center of Alabama means there aren't many like me (I was transplanted here for work)

I'm actually a couple races behind bc I've been working 70 hour weeks but a buddy and I are planning our trip to Austin right now for the U.S. Grand Prix!!

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
been slacking on f1 this year, really need to find the time to catch up with the races as well. the United States Grand Prix sounds awesome @Iholmes , if you do make it out this year, report back and let us know how it is, i plan to make it out there some day.
other than that, the only other person i remember that likes f1 is @CPRSquared aka mr boveda.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I used to be a huge fan of it - waking up at any time of night to watch the races live (ahh, the days of college and freedom). Haven't followed it for several years (RIP Aryton Senna) but still enjoy catching a race now and then.

Speaking of him, have any of you watched the documentary, Senna?

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Watched it a couple months ago on a recommendation from a co-worker. Being as young as I am and only starting with F1 about 3 years ago it was an incredible documentary!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Damn wish you asked me that question back when I worked for Ferrari. We use to have F-1 events every month. I was always more interested in the Road going Ferrari's and exotic cars of the like to be honest. I got to sit in one of Michael Schumacher's retired winning F-1 cars and hear it rev up from 10 feet away.
Have a picture of that car somewhere, I'll find it. In the meantime this will have to do.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I used to be a huge fan of it - waking up at any time of night to watch the races live (ahh, the days of college and freedom). Haven't followed it for several years (RIP Aryton Senna) but still enjoy catching a race now and then.

Speaking of him, have any of you watched the documentary, Senna?
I caught that was pretty amazingwasnt the movie rush about him and Matt lauder?

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got into F1 when I was a younger, back in '96 or '97 when Villeneuve and Schumacher were fighting it out. My dad was always up early on Sunday mornings to watch the races, so I always watched with him. I remember soon after that, my brothers and I got a Nintendo 64 for Christmas and the F1 World Grand Prix game. Good times!

I haven't really followed it as much in more recent years, although I did watch a fair bit last year. I don't have a tv subscription anymore so I haven't been able to keep up this year.

Anyone seen the movie Rush? Highly recommended, in addition to the Senna documentary.

I caught that was pretty amazingwasnt the movie rush about him and Matt lauder?
Niki Lauda and James Hunt:)

Last edited:

sirhchris

If no fit put spit
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a fan since forever. I named my second son "Ayrton" after Senna. I loved his cold confidence, like how Kimi Raikonen is. My favorites over the years has been Raikonen, Sato, and Vettel. The only thing that disappoints me is the "sound" of F1 after going turbo v6. it's hard to get use to it, I love the sounds of the screaming V10s and V8s.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Huge F1 fan here. I've only been watching a couple of years, but I particularly like learning the tracks on racing simulators like F1 2015 and Forza. Watching F1 is so much more satisfying to me when I know what the drivers are doing (i.e. what gear they are in during a corner, etc.)
Anyway, I love it but am not sure how I'm going to watch this year as we are getting ready to cut the cable cord and I'm in the US...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm a huge F1 Geek. I've even had the honor of meeting my favorite driver Lewis Hamilton. Just went to the Pirelli World Challenge in Austin. Cota is a second home for me. It's wonderful being in San Antonio for that reason. It's a quick hour drive. I have tickets to all the events this year!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm a huge F1 Geek. I've even had the honor of meeting my favorite driver Lewis Hamilton. Just went to the Pirelli World Challenge in Austin. Cota is a second home for me. It's wonderful being in San Antonio for that reason. It's a quick hour drive. I have tickets to all the events this year!

And this year, we'll have just as much interest in the back of the line as in front ... USA! USA! ... I'm half kidding, but it will be nice to see how Hass does.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So far in testing they did better than anticipated! Grosjean is an excellent choice for a lead driver.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So far in testing they did better than anticipated! Grosjean is an excellent choice for a lead driver.

Agreed...I only wish they didn't have an agreement with Ferrari about Gutierrez... It would have been great to get to cheer on Alex Rossi as the second driver.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Gutierrez is decent. More seat time in F1 from Sauber and as ferrari test driver. Rossi would be cool for the American aspect.