What's new

any one into f1?

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I'd love to get into f1, but I no longer have cable, so I can't even dvr races. I was huge into the Indy car series in years past, but I fell out when I watched Dan Wheldon (RIP) crash and die in the final race of the season. That really stuck with me. I also really enjoyed the ovals more than the road courses, and no open wheel oval leagues really exist anymore. Indy used to be all ovals, now I think it's maybe 5 at the most. I've tried nascar, but the races are just too long for me.

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
When's the next race?
Sunday, March 20th is the first race of this season.
I find the easiest way for me to stay up to date on the goings on is with the ESPN F1 app or on their site. It get updated daily and has some decent information. Also tons of historical data for you to browse thru.
http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/
Enjoy

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What a disaster. Last 4 minutes with no one on track? They took one of the best things about the weekend and ruined it.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Yeah... I even wouldn't mind keeping the new format for Q1 and 2, and reverting back to the old format for Q3.
If they just let people finish their flying lap it might work out. On longer tracks like Spa this qualifying will be madness. Guess we just have to wait two weeks to find out what they'll do

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
At least the stupid qualifying format has been dumped. Have you guys tried the hacked Amazon firesticks ? I'm told the sky f1 channel is on there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when it bloody works properly

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
At least the stupid qualifying format has been dumped. Have you guys tried the hacked Amazon firesticks ? I'm told the sky f1 channel is on there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when it bloody works properly
Has anyone tried this? The sky f1 commentary is way better than the American commentary, so I would do this if I knew it worked.
BTW, did you guys see Alex Rossi win the Indi 500? Maybe Hass will dump Gutierrez and pick him up in time for the US Grand Prix :)
lol... one can wish.

Beer

Head Yeast Rancher
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm a big F1 fan also. I did away with cable at the beginning of the year and watch streaming TV and have Channel Master, a digital receiver for on air broadcasts. There are about 100 free channels in the ATL area I get via an out door antennae. Univision broadcasts F1 on Sunday morning of the non-Americas races and I can record it. I just have to watch it in Spanish.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
so, this has kind of died off. the commentators i watch on nbcsn are all english and extremely knowledgeable.
rossburg has really tanked the last few races after starting so strong. and red bull seems to have knocked ferrari down a peg.

Beer

Head Yeast Rancher
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use to watch the races on NBCSN with Matchett and Hobbs, miss their commentary. I was paying $170 a month for cable for one TV to ComCastic and decided I had enough.

so, this has kind of died off. the commentators i watch on nbcsn are all english and extremely knowledgeable.
rossburg has really tanked the last few races after starting so strong. and red bull seems to have knocked ferrari down a peg.