What's new

Any Vietnam War Veterans here?

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Lol, the ignorance within you is astonishing.

"While illegal immigrants ages 18 to 35 are about 2 percent of of the Arizona population, they are almost 8 percent of the prison population." This was taken from a report written by John R Lott from the Crime Prevention Research Center.

So yeah, your definition of "full" is comical.

I was stationed in Yuma AZ for 5 years. I frequented these border towns as they had great restaurants and some pretty cool dive bars.

I was always excited to go there as the people were very kind and hard working. I often crossed the border to chinese food on the other side and for drinks at night with fellow Marines and local friends.

I was also stationed in San Diego CA. A massive border city. I would go to the border towns there as well for some of the best seafood.

You probably stuff your face with lettuce every now and then. Or maybe you don't, maybe you don't like eating your greens.

You cry that you want these people removed from AZ, CA, NM, and TX. Thats hilarious. A full removal would cause huge economic issues for these states. You think there are Americans lining to work the fields during the peak of summer in the Arizona desert? You think Monterey and Salinas CA have Americans lined up to clear the crops from fields at all these coastal communities where produce is grown? They are harder working people, probably work harder than you ever did. They are a big part of these states economically. Your stone age ideas are funny. You do not realize what impacts would come.

So your statement about the prisons being "full" of illegals is hilarious and you're WRONG.

You turn every post on this board political. The Political subforum has been closed for a while now.

You don't even realize whats going on in your state entirely. You probably sit in front of a television and take everything reported on TV as true gospel.

You must be in Arizona tho. Think about it next time you're at the grocery store, or out having a sandwich. Think about that nice crisp lettuce being stuffed in your mouth. And be grateful that you didnt have to pick it, those illegals did. So you could eat a great sandwich.

Go talk with @sean Him and i don't see eye to eye, and never will. But even he will tell you that your ideas on immigration are hilarious considering you live in CA or Arizona. You must want to see a huge agricultural collapse. All four of those states would fail in the agriculture sector and others if they followed your set of old grumpy bitter ridiculous ideas. You turn a blind eye to American criminals, child rapists, murderers .. you don't complain about those tax dollars being spent to house and feed those animals in prison.

Damn, thats probably the longest post i have ever typed here.

I am glad politicians are becoming younger.
Some good points in there, but you may be oversimplifying as much as he was. Am an AZ native, most of my family is from Mexico within last couple of generations. Some legally, some not. The crispy lettuce we get for so cheap we pay for in other ways. Americans would absolutely pick produce, just not for the wages offered. By paying below market wages, it starts a downward spiral: the workers cannot afford housing, medical care, etc. So they often live in multi family house in low rent neighborhoods. This affects the schools, since property taxes fund the districts, which drives legal families out, thus creating barios. Saying the prisons are "full" of illegals is an exaggeration, but the jails and prisons do not have much cushion in their capacity, so an extra 5-10% is impactful. You're correct, we have homegrown criminals. Our legal system is barely keeping up with them, but like it or not, they are our problem. One of the great benefits of legal immigration is you get to be choosy. We're not exercising that benefit, and it's costing us dearly... keep in mind the second and third order effects: human trafficking and drug smuggling gain synergy and economy of scale from each other, with many of the same people involved in both. This, by default, gives gangs and other assorted low-lifes a foothold in the communities the immigrants often live in. This isn't the underground railroad, the people smuggling folks north of the border are not noble, they are human traffickers, with all the slime that goes along with that description. Auto theft, assaults, burglary, etc is way higher than it should be, and crimes against the illegal immigrants often go unreported for obvious reasons, putting them in an extremely vulnerable position. We've basically established a caste system by allowing companies and farms to use illegal workers.
When people tell me how much more expensive produce would be, I tell them we are paying the full price now, we're just not paying it all at the grocery store. The rest of the bill comes in the form of school bond overrides, higher auto insurance, ERs being used as primary care facilities, and on and on. Turning a blind eye to illegal immigrants costs our society immensely. We're paying full price for our avocados, and being charged interest.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Some good points in there, but you may be oversimplifying as much as he was. Am an AZ native, most of my family is from Mexico within last couple of generations. Some legally, some not. The crispy lettuce we get for so cheap we pay for in other ways. Americans would absolutely pick produce, just not for the wages offered. By paying below market wages, it starts a downward spiral: the workers cannot afford housing, medical care, etc. So they often live in multi family house in low rent neighborhoods. This affects the schools, since property taxes fund the districts, which drives legal families out, thus creating barios. Saying the prisons are "full" of illegals is an exaggeration, but the jails and prisons do not have much cushion in their capacity, so an extra 5-10% is impactful. You're correct, we have homegrown criminals. Our legal system is barely keeping up with them, but like it or not, they are our problem. One of the great benefits of legal immigration is you get to be choosy. We're not exercising that benefit, and it's costing us dearly... keep in mind the second and third order effects: human trafficking and drug smuggling gain synergy and economy of scale from each other, with many of the same people involved in both. This, by default, gives gangs and other assorted low-lifes a foothold in the communities the immigrants often live in. This isn't the underground railroad, the people smuggling folks north of the border are not noble, they are human traffickers, with all the slime that goes along with that description. Auto theft, assaults, burglary, etc is way higher than it should be, and crimes against the illegal immigrants often go unreported for obvious reasons, putting them in an extremely vulnerable position. We've basically established a caste system by allowing companies and farms to use illegal workers.
When people tell me how much more expensive produce would be, I tell them we are paying the full price now, we're just not paying it all at the grocery store. The rest of the bill comes in the form of school bond overrides, higher auto insurance, ERs being used as primary care facilities, and on and on. Turning a blind eye to illegal immigrants costs our society immensely. We're paying full price for our avocados, and being charged interest.
Right on.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Man, need to break that down into bullet points so i can read it easier

feel me?

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Man, need to break that down into bullet points so i can read it easier

feel me?
Hey, just responding to your wall of text with my own, lol. Yeah, a little disjointed, I'm on my phone.
Bottom line. Current status of system sucks and should change. Cheap avocados is poor justification for keeping a pool of deliberately under paid labor.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Hey, just responding to your wall of text with my own, lol. Yeah, a little disjointed, I'm on my phone.
Bottom line. Current status of system sucks and should change. Cheap avocados is poor justification for keeping a pool of deliberately under paid labor.
Yeah bro i don't like dealing with political topics on this board since its all about cigars you feel me?

But get a tablet bro, much easier to type stuff out. Or a MacBook pro. Apple makes the best computers. But phones suck for replying unless you have quick short replies when trolling someone and using bold text every now and then.

But i like being able to space everything out nice on a tablet, makes the trolling more presentable and easier to read.

AZ is nice bro, i love it out there. Minus the heat.

Theres a place up in Phoenix, not sure if its still there. Its called Pink Rhino. I loved that place.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Yeah bro i don't like dealing with political topics on this board since its all about cigars you feel me?

But get a tablet bro, much easier to type stuff out. Or a MacBook pro. Apple makes the best computers. But phones suck for replying unless you have quick short replies when trolling someone and using bold text every now and then.

But i like being able to space everything out nice on a tablet, makes the trolling more presentable and easier to read.

AZ is nice bro, i love it out there. Minus the heat.

Theres a place up in Phoenix, not sure if its still there. Its called Pink Rhino. I loved that place.
Not going to say "I feel you", as @bwhite220 needs more of a challenge than that. But, yeah, politics should probably be avoided. Wasn't trolling, though, just responding.

Will let it go.

Never heard of the Pink Rhino, although a Google search tells me it's permanently closed. When I was younger, and less married I went to a few places like it, but not that one.

Cheers

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Oh, and sorry for the derail @SurfnSafari . Not a Vietnam vet. Couple of Uncles that are. They don't talk much about it. One was press-ganged upon arrival into a unit that procesed the KIA before they were returned stateside. He really doesn't talk about it.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Oh, and sorry for the derail @SurfnSafari . Not a Vietnam vet. Couple of Uncles that are. They don't talk much about it. One was press-ganged upon arrival into a unit that procesed the KIA before they were returned stateside. He really doesn't talk about it.

Not a big deal the first post is still there, as I said a buddy just made the trip, he sent me the info. Hopefully anyone seeking to go back, and see the place jumps on the chance.

One of the facts that people forget is the people in Vietnam still are suffering from the after effects of chemical we dropped called Agent Orange. Many of the Veterans who served their are also suffering the after effect also.

Both of the above discussion mention fact have been documentated about in press worldwide.

Nuff said.