What's new

Any watch guys? Looking to buy a new watch

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Rolex's are nice, but you have to keep them up, cleaning is no cheap. My new to me I-phone 5S tells me what time it is. My car has a clock, what else is nessessary? :p

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I have always wanted a Rolex Submariner, on our honeymoon I purchased a Seiko digital, one of the first, I still have it, though it doesn't work. (40 years ago). My son gifted me a Tag Haeur for Christmas many years ago, and I wore it for a year and it is in my dresser. Since carrying a cellphone, I stopped wearing a watch, the phone is more accurate, and the watch is heavy. Many times an accurate watch is important when navigating, but with electronics being so prolific, a watch became unnecessary. The only jewelery I wear is a wedding band, and when on the boat I removed it, my wife wasn't happy to discover that fact, but I still have my finger. A trip down to the engine room and rings don't fare well there, very large moving things that have no feelings.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I owned a Roxex knock off with Sako movement that ran on batteries. Most people could not tell it was a knock off. The Japanese watch maker I use to change batteries said it ran better then the real thing. Sako movememnt.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I owned a Roxex knock off with Sako movement that ran on batteries. Most people could not tell it was a knock off. The Japanese watch maker I use to change batteries said it ran better then the real thing. Sako movememnt.
Thats hard to believe because movement with a battery (quartz) ticks...automatic watch sweeps.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. Ive been a watch guy for many years. Started out with invicta watches and worked my way up to more expensive watches. Right now my nicest watch is a Oris F1 chrono that i love.
Recently i got a new job and wanted to buy a new watch to celebrate. My budget is around 4k. (Pre owned)Looking at some omegas and breitlings. If anyone has any suggestions of watches to look at, please let me know.
What style are you leaning toward? I have several but, the Omega Speedmaster is my favorite. I have 4 or 5 of those. Gave one to my brother on the anniversary of the moon landing...he loves it.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I’m not sure I would goto the moon without a GMT.

The service cost of the Omegas always turned me off.

I wear the sub to the office a good bit, but anymore this has been my goto

It’s an overpriced timed, but I get a lot of compliments on it from all of the other “desk divers” I know.

I really want my next to be a two tone date just with the jubilee band. Trying to channel my inner 1980s business person.

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
The service cost of the Omegas always turned me off.
But you own a Rolex? lmfao - everybody in the watch world knows that Rollies are the most finicky little bitches when it comes to needing service and acting right. That being said, I will own one eventually just because.

As far as every day use goes, I prefer my Luminox for the simple fact that I can get it serviced wayyyy more places and I don't mind if I beat it up a bit. Oh, and it's not an automatic so it doesn't need a winder. https://luminox-usa.com/products/f-22-raptor-9241-m

And lastly, I still wear good old G-Shocks for everything that might include hard work - daily to work, sidejobs, the gym, etc etc.

Been thinking about picking up an Oris or a Tissot a lot lately, I like what they bring to the table for a (mostly) more affordable price range.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
But you own a Rolex? lmfao - everybody in the watch world knows that Rollies are the most finicky little bitches when it comes to needing service and acting right. That being said, I will own one eventually just because.

As far as every day use goes, I prefer my Luminox for the simple fact that I can get it serviced wayyyy more places and I don't mind if I beat it up a bit. Oh, and it's not an automatic so it doesn't need a winder. https://luminox-usa.com/products/f-22-raptor-9241-m

And lastly, I still wear good old G-Shocks for everything that might include hard work - daily to work, sidejobs, the gym, etc etc.

Been thinking about picking up an Oris or a Tissot a lot lately, I like what they bring to the table for a (mostly) more affordable price range.
You go to the gym? :)