What's new

Anybody using Puisais method to light up?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I tried this for a bit, but got away from it. I still light the cigar slowly without drawing on it, but I usually cut it before I light it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
http://www.cigarinspector.com/cigar-tips/lighting-a-cigar-the-method-of-jacques-puisias

Here's the article that was discussed. I guess you can say I've done part of this minus cutting the cigar after lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, when I looked it up I saw this much cooler method:

The Canadian dude from Cigar Fed does the light before cut, I always thought it was pointless.

'The flame emits a relevant heat, which creates a temperature gap between the head and the foot of the cigar; for this reason if you light up a cigar after having cut – or punched – its head, part of the smoke ends up in the middle of the cigar. This phenomenon leads to some negative aspects and it influences the taste in a significant way"

Sorry Mr Pussay but the smoke and tar is going to the middle of the cigar no matter what you do...

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Oh, when I looked it up I saw this much cooler method:

He still only got half of that jawbreaker lit tho. o_O

I always use a lighter to light the head of a match, then use the match to light the corner of a $100 bill, then use my Benji spill to slowly toast the foot of the cigar. Really enhances the flavor.

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
That video is a horrible attempt at this method. But the music was good.

I've done it a few times a while back, but wasn't sold on it. Maybe I'll need to try it again.

Never been one to actually touch flame to tobacco, and I tend to be quite OCD with the toast and light. I purge and set it down for a while before actually taking that 1st draw.

The part I don't like about this method is you are forced to skip the cold draw. I like seeing what I can taste on the cold draw and gauging what kind of draw resistance I'm about to experience. I guess I can skip that a few more times and give this method another chance.

Sent from my 2nd Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935V

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Canadian dude from Cigar Fed does the light before cut, I always thought it was pointless.
Thanks for the love. I did a video of it too, because I've had so many questions about it. I've been using that method for almost 4 years now. I also switched over to v-cutting about 95% of the time.

Really my goal is to get the best possible flavors I can.