What's new

Anyone aged a Diesel?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I smoked my first Diesel today and rather enjoyed it. Good burn and nice flavors. I picked up some leather, spice, and a woody note. I'm sure with some age these babies will be even better. I will definitely set some aside to test my hypothesis.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
I would say age begins at 1 year minimum od "rest" so if a cigar has been out for 9 months none of them are aged. Maybe well rested, but not aged. IMO.

(I did not write IMHO, because I am many things, but have never been very HUMBLE)..hehe

yep, agree there. and that is for sure a minimum.

maestrobasser

@maestrobasser
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with you on this one. I like the La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte much better which is blended by AJ with a PA wrapper just like the Diesel.

These came out in November if I remember correctly, so I think that is about 7 months rest for the few I have.
+11111.

I enjoy the HCOF much more than the Diesel. I have a few Diesels (somewhere between 3-6) sitting buried in a humi for about the past 5-6 months, might consider giving one another shot in another month or two just to see if anything positive has occured. Didn't care for the first three that I burned much at all.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Yes, if they let it age/rest, then the effcts of it will still be present. And yes 6 months will change a cigar, but to callit age doesn't sound right to me.

"Man this Cigar is Awesome!!, it's been aging for a whole 6 months." yep I'm right..that sounds funny.

"Man This cigar is so much better after let it rest for a few months." Seems a little less pretentious.
Never thought I would say this, but...I agree with Dave. :smokingbo

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Never Aged one, but i let one sit for about a month and
i smoked it yesterday! It was amazing.... Review coming
later today...:king:

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
"La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte much better" +1

However, the Diesel flavor improves quite a bit with a few months "rest". I did not care for my first, ignored them for a while, and now find I like them. So we'll see what a few months more does for them.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Here is a review that Rich did.

[ame="http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=37870"]Diesel Unholy Cocktail - BOTL Cigar Forums - Brothers of the Leaf[/ame]