What's new

Anyone else prefer the Havana VI's to the Miami's?

jebloom22

Master Blend
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had two of the Tatuaje Miami's (7th Reserve) and two of the Tat Havana VI's, and I enjoy the Havanas (red label) quite a bit more. Anyone agree?

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Not I, brown label > red. 7th res is one of my favorites, still have an entire box left. i'll chalk this one up to "smoke what you like," "different palates," etc.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I for one am not a big fan of the 7ths. However, the Unicos, Regios, Cojonu 2009, Petite Cazadores Reserva, and SW Reserva are epic. If you compare these to the red labels, I just think they are completely different flavor profiles.

jebloom22

Master Blend
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NO comparison. but smoke what you enjoy!
It's possible that the enjoyment of the 7th Reserves was dampened by the fact that #1 had a draw that was ridiculously tight, and #2 wasn't quite as tight, but was still a pain to smoke.

The Havana VI's were both constructed perfectly.

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Ive had a few VI's and really liked them, then Ive had a couple 7th reservas and LOVED them! Although I think they are a little too strong for their flavor profile, I do love the flavor.

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
The Tat verocu tubo from the red line is one of my favorites and I prefer that over many browns. But for the most part I will grab a havana cazadores or regio before any red any day. The reservas: noella, regio, and sw are just spectacular smokes, and I feel they are superior (to me) to any red label. But hey, if you like the reds more, the advantage you have is they are cheaper and there are more of them, cheers!

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Couple of things, the 7th reserva is not rolled in Miami, that with the petite caz, and petites are rolled in Nic. I've tried the 7th and wasn't wow'ed by it at all but I loved the petite cazadores. Try some of the others esp the havana cazadores regio or my favorite J21 and then see how you feel about the brown labels. I like em both. Smoke the reds earlier in the day and browns later usually. G1

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I'm also more of a Red fan, but not by much. They are definitely 2 different profiles, but the red just fits me better. Especially in the pocketbook.

Sin

Living the Dream
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
what I really like about the Brown label is that each vitola tastes different; with that said, the unicos used to be my favorite but the havana cazadores recently took its place.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Both are great. I used to smoke the Reds more often, lately I've been smoking the Browns more often. I still like both.