What's new

Anyone following the "fake cigars at cbid" stuff on other forums?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
CI never said they were long filler. They did change their description though.
Hate to say you're wrong, but you're wrong. I saw it for myself, you may have mis-read it or clicked on a different cigar CI was selling. The ones Brian was referring to were listed as Long Filler Cigars. In update 9 the cigars he rips apart are the cigars in question. After viewing video I visited CI and verified for myself that they were listed as Long Filler when in fact they are clearly short filler. I have nothing to gain or lose for being right or wrong here....but I'm not wrong, I know what I saw, the same thing Bryan saw. The fact that out of all their thousand of cigars, CI chose to update that description after all this negative press, that's evidence right there that something is fishy.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm passin the torch BrewsBro; if you've read thru this thread (from hell) you'd know that I waged a fruitless campaign here-to-fore, but it's all yours now. And not to argue against my own failed case, but I saw the video and fact-checked the Blancos ad immediately, and while CI billed it as a premium, the ad did not say "long filler". I ain't sayin it didn't say that at a previous time, but I'm takin my battle-scarred ass to the barn on this one. Good luck!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm passin the torch BrewsBro; if you've read thru this thread (from hell) you'd know that I waged a fruitless campaign here-to-fore, but it's all yours now. And not to argue against my own failed case, but I saw the video and fact-checked the Blancos ad immediately, and while CI billed it as a premium, the ad did not say "long filler". I ain't sayin it didn't say that at a previous time, but I'm takin my battle-scarred ass to the barn on this one. Good luck!
Well either I'm seeing things or someone else is. I only stated that I was glad I didn't get CigarFest tickets in my first comment on this thread, because of these accusations. It had nothing to do with any cigar in particular, just accusations people have about CI/Cbid's questionable standards (there seems to be more than one). So I will reject the torch and end my commenting here.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well either I'm seeing things or someone else is. I only stated that I was glad I didn't get CigarFest tickets in my first comment on this thread, because of these accusations. It had nothing to do with any cigar in particular, just accusations people have about CI/Cbid's questionable standards (there seems to be more than one). So I will reject the torch and end my commenting here.
Wish I'd had sense enough to do that back on p.1 of this mess.o_O

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Or buy a fantastic cigar made by Don Pepin Garcia which is made for and sold exclusively through Holts cigars. It's called "Old Henry" and is damn fine in every sense of that cigar-related term.
They'll pick your pocket for three bucks (on sale), but hey… you'll get more than you paid for.

And...AND...there are other fine cigars out there at that price!

(Shhhhhhhh)
Hey, man, thanks for the lead!

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Wish I'd had sense enough to do that back on p.1 of this mess.o_O
Don't worry guys, I'm a lawyer by nature (not profession) I don't use CI but I do use CB quite often and rake the muck for everydays and the occasional gem that gets snagged when people forgot that there were cigars to bid on. Can't beat CB for certain brands. I like the price I get, I i enjoy the smokes I put my torch to and there customer service and delivery time have been top notch through 1.5yrs, so that's all I care about. I could care less about these Los Blancos or what may or may not have been done. I know what kind of company I'm dealing with and accept the risks involved... This isn't the Vatican and I don't expect them to run it that way. It's big business and I know their game. I'd love to always use site sponsors but until they can match the prices I'm getting on the brands I shop for on CB then they still have my business. Now if this was happening with a cigar that anybody actually cared about, that'd be a different story. I mean shit, all of those EP Carillos being sold on CB....they're not the originals either and I've heard they're a joke compared to the original blends.. No one is causing any noise over them.. I don't know why this Los Blancos stick has been made the martyr.. Well actually I do, because Brian ripped one open and exposed the insides of a shitty cigar. When I saw it and looked up the cigar and said to myself "what did he expect for a dog rocket?" Any ways. My say has been said and I'll let this dog die too. I Always enjoy a good debate fellas, no harm, no foul. Now I'm gonna light up something I enjoy and let the rest fall to the wayside.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hate to say you're wrong, but you're wrong. I saw it for myself, you may have mis-read it or clicked on a different cigar CI was selling. The ones Brian was referring to were listed as Long Filler Cigars. In update 9 the cigars he rips apart are the cigars in question. After viewing video I visited CI and verified for myself that they were listed as Long Filler when in fact they are clearly short filler. I have nothing to gain or lose for being right or wrong here....but I'm not wrong, I know what I saw, the same thing Bryan saw. The fact that out of all their thousand of cigars, CI chose to update that description after all this negative press, that's evidence right there that something is fishy.
I remember going to CI on day 1 and the description never said long filler. It only said premium cigars. If you go to the cigar video forum where the video was first posted you will see what I said. Even one of the reviews at CI for Los Blancos always said it was a Cuban sandwich. I have nothing to gain by posting this either. I just know what I saw.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I remember going to CI on day 1 and the description never said long filler. It only said premium cigars. If you go to the cigar video forum where the video was first posted you will see what I said. Even one of the reviews at CI for Los Blancos always said it was a Cuban sandwich. I have nothing to gain by posting this either. I just know what I saw.
I guess Agree to Disagree. Brian stated in his update #9 video that on CI it was listed as "Long filler". I think its certainly possible that the second after the video was posted CI removed content and went with the honest approach. I realize some of you here, among other forums, have an issue with Bryan G. (I don't, but realize its personal opinion). Having had many conversations with him; blatant honesty is one of his best traits. FYI: most companies have reputation defender protection that sniffs out negative reviews the second their posted to reduce bad press. Its not far fetched to at least give it a second thought.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What struct me the most was the fact that BG is so meticulous in his work that he didn't take the time to verify 100% that those cigars came from CI or even try to get with them to see what they are doing to correct the matter. The cigars in question were sent to his drive for Cigars for Warriors. I think it was done intentionally because they knew it would light a fire under his butt and wanted to get a reaction out of him. He has over 31k subscribers and probably just as many haters. He had good intentions for the consumers but didn't go about it the right way. They (General Cigar) also sent him a cease and desist letter telling him to stop making cigar art with their cigar brand. Lesson learned I hope.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What struct me the most was the fact that BG is so meticulous in his work that he didn't take the time to verify 100% that those cigars came from CI or even try to get with them to see what they are doing to correct the matter. The cigars in question were sent to his drive for Cigars for Warriors. I think it was done intentionally because they knew it would light a fire under his butt and wanted to get a reaction out of him. He has over 31k subscribers and probably just as many haters. He had good intentions for the consumers but didn't go about it the right way. They (General Cigar) also sent him a cease and desist letter telling him to stop making cigar art with their cigar brand. Lesson learned I hope.
I'm not sure it matters who sent in those cigars, Cigars International (or the umbrella company at least) owns that particular Los Blancos cigar line in question. Ultimately the buck stops with CI.