What's new

Anyone grilling/smoking, today?

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
just put a pork roll in the smoker/bar-b...will have a mix of charcoal and oak flavors when it's done.

butterflied a 5 lb pork loin, rubbed inside with pesto, added spinach, mozzarella, asiago and parmesan cheeses, rolled it up and tied it with string.

seasoned outside with kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper, garlic an onion powder and a bit of rosemary.

smokin away at 350 or so...needs to be done in about anhour...we'll see about that.
Sooooo... when should I be there?? :drool:

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
Not grillin today, but here's what you do for a really bitchin side dish/appetizer: Wrap fresh asparagus spears in prosciutto, baste liberally and often with raspberry vinaigrette, cook low, turn often. It's OMG good!

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Carne Asada...skirt steak marinated in lime, garlic, chiles, olive oil and soy sauce, grilled, and served with fresh tortillas, quacamole, grilled onions and fresh corn.

TheDudeAbides

I got an awesome sound...
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Enjoyed a CAO LX2 cuban press, and a Dogfish Head Red & White whilst beer-canning a couple fresh chickens on the Traeger. Not too shabby of an evening, all told.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Carne Asada...skirt steak marinated in lime, garlic, chiles, olive oil and soy sauce, grilled, and served with fresh tortillas, quacamole, grilled onions and fresh corn.
Oh man. I'm drooling here!

PC, got a recipe for that BBQ sauce? I'm always interested in trying out new ones.

Smoked some spare ribs a couple of weekends ago and a 2.5lb beef brisket this past Sunday on the new CharBroil Red Infrared. I love the grill, just having trouble getting the temps correct. What I need is a good grill thermometer (can't trust the one on the lid methinks) and a good instant read as the one I picked up at the Grocery Store doesn't seem to work all that well.

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Oh man. I'm drooling here!

PC, got a recipe for that BBQ sauce? I'm always interested in trying out new ones.

Smoked some spare ribs a couple of weekends ago and a 2.5lb beef brisket this past Sunday on the new CharBroil Red Infrared. I love the grill, just having trouble getting the temps correct. What I need is a good grill thermometer (can't trust the one on the lid methinks) and a good instant read as the one I picked up at the Grocery Store doesn't seem to work all that well.
I got the basic sauce recipe from Epicurious and built on that. No, you can't have my sooper sekrit embellishments. :nono: :grin:

For a thermometer, I use the:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Maverick-RediChek-Remote-Wireless-Thermometer/dp/B0000DIU49"]Maverick RediChek Remote Wireless Thermometer[/ame]

It let's you monitor both the food and smoker temperature. Not a bad gadget for the money.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I got the basic sauce recipe from Epicurious and built on that. No, you can't have my sooper sekrit embellishments. :nono: :grin:

For a thermometer, I use the:

Maverick RediChek Remote Wireless Thermometer

It let's you monitor both the food and smoker temperature. Not a bad gadget for the money.
I have one of those and swear by it....make sure you calibrate it though! You can do this by measuring the temp of boiling water (212 degrees F or 100 degrees Celsius)