What's new

Anyone here with 3D modelling skills?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I used to model for games in 3dsMax but that was ten years ago. Now I have a model in an .stl file and I need to move a few vertices around. Before I try to relearn that shiznitz, anyone here have skills and a program? It's cigar related.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Cool. I'm not using any program. It's a couple .stl files which I believe can be imported into something that would allow you to tweak the vertices a bit. The thing basically needs to be scaled, but there are a couple things about it that have to be tweaked beyond just scaling it on a couple axises. The simple noob web-based apps I opened it in didn't allow for vertex editing. If you were to pm me your email I could send you the file(s) and tell you what I'm trying to do, if you have something that will allow you to grab vertices and drag them around a bit... thanks.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey @Shift_Six Would you mind sharing the files once you have both sides finished?
Since Blisscigarco commissioned these sadly I wouldnt feel right sharing sharing them as they'll be his files...
But PM me, I'd be happy to work up something different for ya. Cigars as tips are always welcome hahaha but not mandatory.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey @Shift_Six Would you mind sharing the files once you have both sides finished?
Anything I get done I'm going to make freely available to the community, with the modelers' permission, and I'll host the files in some permanent location. My intention is to have some great mold models available to everyone in all the popular vitolas, and to go through the process of finding the best materials from a usefulness/price standpoint, determine any "post-processing" required to finalize the molds after 3D printing, and make all that info freely available to everyone. The current status quo of molds in various vitolas being both incredibly difficult to find and too expensive or difficult to buy has got to change.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think Shift_Six is otherwise engaged until tomorrow, Wednesday, so there is no new news right now. Meanwhile I've been researching the materials aspect of the thing. Anyway I'll report back here as things move along.
Correct, I'll be able to knock out whats left by end of the day tomorrow or Thursday at the absolute latest. This will be for the 5 rowed version shown above in initial concepts. Any other sizes will come after this mold and should take very little time to model up since I'll have a base template to work from.