What's new

Anyone Smoke Garbage?

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Does anyone here smoke garbage cigars? I'm talking about stuff like the Unsmokeables section of CI.

What's the crappiest cigar you smoke on a regular basis? Any diamonds in the rough out there?

Just wondering how there is even a market for that, I can't seem to find anyone who would buy/smoke them.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Don't usually bother with those. Back when I was in college I smoked a lot of Garcia Vegas while fishing and what not. Looking back, I wish I'd gone with Padrons or something instead :laugh:. But you did remind me that I do have a Ron Mexico Churchill to review. It was a gag in a trade and I said I would do it anyway so...

Dan

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I have smoked the Flor del Todo now for a while as my yardgar. I really enjoy them for what they are, a cheap cigar. You should check out Crap Cigar. They review cheap sticks. They are a bit vulgar (curse alot and things of that nature) but they are usually spot on in their ratings.

http://crapnetwork.com/crapcigar/

(I am not affiliated with Crap Cigar or Crap Network. Just a fan)

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Don't usually bother with those. Back when I was in college I smoked a lot of Garcia Vegas while fishing and what not. Looking back, I wish I'd gone with Padrons or something instead :laugh:. But you did remind me that I do have a Ron Mexico Churchill to review. It was a gag in a trade and I said I would do it anyway so...

Dan
Haha, I would have never remembered if you didn't say it, but I smoked quite a few GVs in high school. I'll be looking out for that review, btw. I'll be impressed if you can make it through the whole thing. :)

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
La Floriditas are pretty good for the price. Also if you live in a country where they are legal Jose L. Piedra makes some pretty good value CCs. They are handmade with short filler. Great everyday smokes for around $1.25-$2.00 depending on where they are bought.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Long, long time ago in a far away galaxcy I bought a bundle of flor to todos. Blech. Nevermore.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
My cheap smokes are from Label Your Cigar, very good.

Just smoked (sorta) a NC Partagas. Made it 10 minutes. that was complete, grade A GARBAGE.

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Worst cigar I smoked was probably Rocky Patel R4. It was early in my cigar life and I fell for the marketing in the CI catalog. Don't really smoke too many crappy cigars anymore as my tastes have leveled out but I'm always willing to give a cigar a try.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Not really garbage but the Arturo Fuente Curly Head Deluxe at just a bit more than $2 a stick is a great yard maduro..

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I've smoked my share of garbage. A long time ago (10+ years), I just didn't know any better.. GV, dutchies.. My criteria for a good cigar then was simply, one that didn't fall apart. Nowadays I might end up with garbage just because I'm trying to find something decent for a reasonable price. CI blows out some gran habano stuff for 2$ a stick, and for me, some of them are worth it. That's is probably the best price point I think you can find on a smokeable cigar; ~2-3$. In my experience, most sticks less than that price taste like old newspaper.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Not really garbage but the Arturo Fuente Curly Head Deluxe at just a bit more than $2 a stick is a great yard maduro..
The deluxe probably isn't the same as a regular curly head? For my taste though, a GH corojo #5 02' @ 2$ blows the curly head away.