What's new

Anything worth smoking from the philippines?

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So my sister-in-law is going to the philippines for a month and I got to thinking if I should have her grab me some cigs?
What do you guys think?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
If she were to declare the cigars, regardless of the quantity, or have them discovered during a random inspection they woud be confiscated and detroyed.

She would likely receive a form letter explaining what was taken and why...as well as outlining the potential penalties.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Have your bags inspected at the overseas departure point- have them then shirk wrapped - there is little chance that bag will be opened by U.S. Customs. Of course I am not advocating by this post that you have anything in your luggage not permitted to be imported - just letting you know what procedures are typical by virtue of my international travel experience recently.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Hmmm, just noticed this is not in the Habanos forum.

You can bring back any non-cubans you want...err, she wants...I have no input on what ,if any, Phillipino cigars are available or good.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hmmm, just noticed this is not in the Habanos forum.

You can bring back any non-cubans you want...err, she wants...I have no input on what ,if any, Phillipino cigars are available or good.
LOL< So... if they had cubans there they would be pretty much be the same selection of cubans anywhere? Nothing special?

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
First of all, there are no LCDH in the Philippines. There are several places that you could go and smoke. Buying cigars you might need to buy at the Duty Free shop. Its expensive. Not much choices but thats ok.

There are places to go and buy but like I said expensive. They will take off the bands and put the cigars in a philippine cigar box. They will give the bands to your sister and she will probably have to mail the bands to you. She can declare the cigars as Philippine cigars.

There are three hotels in the metro manila area with cigar bars. You can purchase cigars from them.

Mandarin Oriental has Kiplings. Kiplings is part of the hotel and its entrance is inside the hotel itself. They have a decent selection of ports and scotches. You can purchase cigars individually or by the box but it may be expensive. The Mandarin is located in Makati, Metro Manila

EDSA Shangrila has Churchill's. Churchill's is NOT part of the hotel itself but is located within the building. You can purchase cigars individually or by the box. Its entrance is apart from the hotel entrance. The EDSA Shangrila Hotel is located in the Ortigas Center, metro Manila.

The Renaissance (formerly called New World Hotel) has a cigar bar called Fort and Tay. Fort and Tay is NOT part of the hotel itself but is located within the building. You can purchase cigars individually or by the box. Its entrance is also apart from the hotel entrance. The Renaissance is located in Makati, Metro Manila

As for Philippine cigars
may I recommend the marque called Don Juan Urquijo.

I hope this helps you in your quest.

C