What's new

Apple iPad

Phiberglass

Robusto
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was a little let down. Dissapointed that it's basically a scaled up version of the iPhone/iPod OS. I was hopefully they would rewrite an OS specifically for the device with some counterparts of the iOS. Another thing it's missing is a front facing camera, let alone a rear facing one. I was pretty impressed with the price point though, and may buy one based on that. I don't need one as I have most bases covered with a MBP, iMac, and iPhone, but it'd be a nice device to play with and use to browse the internet when wandering the house or outside enjoying a cigar.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I was a little let down. Dissapointed that it's basically a scaled up version of the iPhone/iPod OS. I was hopefully they would rewrite an OS specifically for the device with some counterparts of the iOS. Another thing it's missing is a front facing camera, let alone a rear facing one. I was pretty impressed with the price point though, and may buy one based on that. I don't need one as I have most bases covered with a MBP, iMac, and iPhone, but it'd be a nice device to play with and use to browse the internet when wandering the house or outside enjoying a cigar.

Just wait. The camera will probably be included in the second generation.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If I dinna know it were real, I'd think it was a spoof!
With the icons set to MEGA size,
it looks like a 'toony-big version of an iPod:

"Honey! I just shrunk Steve Jobs!"

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I thought it was apple's new toy targeted at all the kids their fan boys were having.. what a big frickin' dump Jobs took on stage this week; buy my answer to the kindle has no multi-tasking, feels awkward in your hand would be a bitch to use standing up, the only way you can type on it is if your sitting down oh want a real key board? we have an attachment for that --- don't forget to buy the 800 accessories so you can plug it into a usb port.

What a joke this just proves the non-mac folk right apple fan boys will buy anything Steve Jobs tells them too.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like it would make a nice internet appliance. Non keyboard is a sticking point. Non camera as well. This day and age I find it hard to believe they would not put a stripped OS X into this device. However my experience shows any nix operating system is a resource hog when utilizing a graphical user interface. Feasibly a kindle killer but pretty big for that application. My wifes mac laptop just died after six years. Might actually replace it with this due to cost. I can't stand spending a grand for something to surf and email with. Third generation should implement a slider keyboard. That would be pretty dickin.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Kendal Killer
Not a chance. Kindle has a specific purpose at a good price and with the titles to back it up. The iPad books cost more and the device is beyond the price someone would pay for a "book reader". I think you will find that those who buy the iPad end up using the book reader because it is there and those that want a book reader will never buy an iPad.

I was hoping for some good things with this announcement. Tell me again why I need to replace my 399 laptop and 249 Kindle with the iPad????

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Let's face it the Ipad in its current incarnation is a disappointment. You can't multitask, no camera, etc. I can only think of one thing that Apple should be doing with this. Push the Ilife suite onto the Ipad and now you can interact with video, photos, and music like never before. Instead of using a mouse to edit them you are doing, it all with your hands allowing you to connect with that media like never before. That being said I have an Iphone and have no desire to buy an Ipad when my phone does everything and more that the Ipad does. Also could Apple have chosen a worse name? How about ISlate? at least then everyone wouldn't be mocking it as menstrual protection.