What's new

Apple Keynote: Sept 2016

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I would love to wait, but when I got my iPhone 6 I opted for the smallest size. It's almost unbearable at this point how quickly and often I run out of storage space.
I used to do the same thing to save money, and did so with my iPad as well, and now I'm totally out of space on the iPad. I can't even download a movie to watch on a flight, it sucks.

With the 6s Plus I have, I opted for the middle storage capacity, and haven't had an issue since. Will continue to go middle of the spectrum for the foreseeable future.

Also, would it kill Apple to add capability to read an SD card for extra storage???

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Also, would it kill Apple to add capability to read an SD card for extra storage???
Right?! That would kill the seamless design though. I will probably end up getting the 7 Plus at 128 GB and calling it a day. Guess depends what the cost will be through my works procurement dept. They pay for the plan, but I pay for hardware.

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Yes it would. Not only would it require more physical space, but it would kill profitability. 128gb of memory doesn't cost Apple hundreds more than 16gb, but apple gets hundreds more when they sell it.
I think our definitions of "kill" are different. Yes, it would hurt their profit on the larger sizes, but no, it wouldn't completely kill it either. Also, they could easily make it read the micro sd cards that aren't much bigger than the SIM cards they currently use, no?

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Ok so maybe I will preorder it,
Thinkin bout switching to Verizon from ATT, and joining my wife's plan..ugh decisions decisions

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I think our definitions of "kill" are different. Yes, it would hurt their profit on the larger sizes, but no, it wouldn't completely kill it either. Also, they could easily make it read the micro sd cards that aren't much bigger than the SIM cards they currently use, no?
What I mean is, it would kill massive profitability. They make a ton of money on the memory upgrades. But with the design as tight as it is, a separate slot would still eat up a significant amount of space.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I know we can start ordering tomorrow but does anyone know how/when? As in, I use AT&T and will order on their website but I wonder if that is at midnight tonight or at a specific time...
Looks like we can start ordering directly from Apple at 2:01 AM CST on the 9th (in 6 hours!). I'm ready!

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
From what I've seen it has sizable upgrades over the 6 I have now. I'm looking forward to my upgrade in January. I'm also looking forward to the pods. From what I can tell they are well advanced over the wireless headphones I use now and I love the shape and sound of the Apple pods, just not the wires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkittle99

Josh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I'm on the fence, I have a 6+ and maybe I'll get a 7+, maybe i'll wait for the 8. I have the first generation watch already, so getting the updated one makes no sense for me. I already have a pair of Kanoa bluetooth earbuds on order, so I have no use for the airpods.

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
It's the little things the pods do that make me want them. The auto sensors that pause when you remove them for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Got my pre-order in early this AM. Had issues with the AT&T site but ended up getting it through Apple's site instead. As usual, it was a much better user experience going through Apple.com. I ended up getting the 256GB Black 7 Plus. Another advantage of getting it through Apple, it comes with AppleCare and it's unlocked so I can use it on any carrier as needed. Yahtzee!

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I am waiting until next year. Probably March or April. That will give time enough for good Bluetooth ear buds that don't cost $159 to come on the market. I can't use apples ear phones that come with each pone, they hurt my ears something crazy. Sony ear buds with the mic and volume are the only ones I like.

Sent from an NSA proof phone.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
But which black did you get? Black Black? Or the new and fancy, Jet Black?
You know he got the new and fancy Jet Black ... that is a no brainer... ;)
You know I wanted the Jet Black but yesterday Apple confirmed that the Jet Black casing is prone to scratches. That combined with all the reports of how Jet Black shows finger prints easily made me go with regular Black.

I am waiting until next year. Probably March or April. That will give time enough for good Bluetooth ear buds that don't cost $159 to come on the market. I can't use apples ear phones that come with each pone, they hurt my ears something crazy. Sony ear buds with the mic and volume are the only ones I like.
You know there are good bluetooth headsets out there right now that work with the iPhone 7, right? :headphone: In my opinion, the wired headphones sound better anyway as there is no quality degradation loss. Bluetooth has come a LONG way but wired headsets sound so much better. And now, the lightning connector headsets have an onboard DAC which will make the sound even better! Bluetooth is nice in the car, everywhere else, I'll stick with wired headsets!

I also agree with you though, the EarPods that Apple has been sending out are very uncomfortable for me, too. I'm a fan of the over the ear cups headsets since I really only use a headset when listening to music anyway.

I've heard speculation that the "BIG" iPhone upgrade is coming next year, which will be the iPhone's 10th birthday. But that still isn't going to stop me from getting a 7 Plus now.
Well, one of the other cool things about ordering it through Apple is they offer a plan where you can upgrade every 12 months. So, when the next iPhone comes out, I'll be able to grab it as well.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
lol "sound degradation from bluetooth"

I have a thing in my car that takes the bluetooth signal from my phone, turns it into an FM station and sends that to my car radio, which then plays it over the three working speakers in my car.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
lol "sound degradation from bluetooth"

I have a thing in my car that takes the bluetooth signal from my phone, turns it into an FM station and sends that to my car radio, which then plays it over the three working speakers in my car.
Some people don't even have a car to talk about the sound degradation from its Bluetooth I had one of those for the car I used to have, can you get it to play without a fuck ton of static?