What's new

Are Cuban cigars really the best?

• Yes, Cuban cigars are the best.

Votes: 71 22.5%
  • No, Cuban cigars are over-rated.

Votes: 32 10.2%
  • I enjoy both Cuban and non-Cuban cigars.

Votes: 189 60.0%
  • I have never smoked a Cuban.

Votes: 23 7.3%
  • Other, see my post.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0

Personally, I believe there are many great cigars that come from many countries and different regions of the world. Cuba and Nicaragua, just happen to be where most of my favorites come from, but not all of them.

So, for the poll I selected: I enjoy both Cuban and non-Cuban cigars.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Only if you like the good cigars.

Seriously there are great NC and CC comes down to what you prefer. In my opinion cubans provide great complex flavors without alot of strength. where NC give you those complex flavors but usually comes with a bit more nic kick.

All I can say is the best cigar is the one that I enjoy smoking. Be it CC or NC.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Smoke what you like, like what you smoke. I prefer Cuban, but there are some wonderful NCs out there.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
..... In my opinion cubans provide great complex flavors without alot of strength. where NC give you those complex flavors but usually comes with a bit more nic kick....
I think this is a very good way of explaining it and has been my experience as well.

For me, the "nic kick" of an NC also comes with some lasting effects on my palate. I find it very hard to light 2 NCs in the same day without several hours between them. I don't have that issue with most CCs. I've tried to combat this by exploring some of the mild-medium lines of NCs out there. Haven't found one yet that doesn't taste like a huge unfiltered cigarette.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
still too new to the ISOM scene, but i have too many NC favorites, and have had too many poorly made CC's, to completely flip yet. seems to be a sweet time to get into it, though, from what i have smoked and heard!

end of it, i find the mood and occasion, and then select from my stash accordingly. doesn't matter what it is, as long as it is enjoyed.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I enjoy both. I don't like the snobbery that can come from some cigar smokers so I don't say anything is the best, it's all about what you like. But I smoke 90% cuban, 10% NC probably. My preferences have changed over time and I tend to prefer full bodied/flavored things such as a strong coffee, full bodies wine, a good strong scotch, etc. I used to love the strong flavor of a Nicaraguan, but now I prefer a good cuban and will smoke a Liga/Tat/Illusione to mix it up or when I'm in the mood.

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
90% CC smoker with the occassional golf cigars being NC that are either recommended by some friends here of I have read about.
As I have stated before, no one or nothing is "the best". It's preference, subjective, etc........one can be "among" the best or one of the best, but not "the best"

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I enjoy both. I don't like the snobbery that can come from some cigar smokers so I don't say anything is the best, it's all about what you like. But I smoke 90% cuban, 10% NC probably. My preferences have changed over time and I tend to prefer full bodied/flavored things such as a strong coffee, full bodies wine, a good strong scotch, etc. I used to love the strong flavor of a Nicaraguan, but now I prefer a good cuban and will smoke a Liga/Tat/Illusione to mix it up or when I'm in the mood.
This is basically where I am, too. I voted that Cubans are better because that's my strong personal preference at this point. But as I've said to several brothers here, being a snob about this makes no sense. I don't know what another guy's tastes are and can't dictate that to anyone.

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
so really, the correct question for the poll should be, which cigar do you like better. not which one IS better.
Sorry, I did not know there were correct and incorrect poll questions. I will try harder. :hammersma

I guess it is true, you can't please all the people all the time.

For the record, I phased the question that way, because that is how a novice cigar smoker phased the question to me.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
IMO Cuban Cigars are better, but as mentioned, smoke what you like.:thumbsup:

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
Sorry, I did not know there were correct and incorrect poll questions. I will try harder. :hammersma

I guess it is true, you can't please all the people all the time.

For the record, I phased the question that way, because that is how a novice cigar smoker phased the question to me.
wasn't trying to hammer you. with all the polls you've done, i figured that was how you wanted it worded, and you got the responses that you wanted.