What's new

Are these fake Cubans?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I was wondering if I could get some help on identifying if these "cubans" are real or fake. I found someone on the Internet who says he has people going to Cuba all the time to get cuban cigars. He gave me these 2 cigars as gifts to try out. One is a Romeo y Julieta wide churchill and the other is a Hoyo double churchill. I measured both these cigars and they are exactly on point to there measurement specifications. He sells his singles at $10 a single and $140 for 25 different singles. He also has Bolivar Belicosos Finos boxes of 25 for $160. He sent me a picture of the serial code and I checked the habanos website and it does come back as Bolivar but not the Belicosos Finos. Please help! Other notes I am from Canada so prices are in Canadian dollars

Attachments

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Prices that are too good to be true, usually are. Those prices are really low, especially the Boli Beli price. Also, if a code comes back as something else (even if it is the same company) then it's a serious red flag. I would avoid!!!

Also, head over to the introduction section and say hi (it's the norm here to post there first).

Last edited:

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I'm with these other guys, what sounds too good to be true typically is.

A tax code that was given to you coming back as a different box then you are being told is your first sign. Also, I'm no expert by any means but the box stamp saying 'APR' instead of 'ABR' for April is something I have never seen before.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I found out that the serial code did not match the cigar but was still bolivar I messaged the guy and he told me if I want it to match the cigar than it will cost me $400. When I met him he did mention that he gets them straight from the factory but that they are all a little scuffed up, or I think that's what he said. So is it possible that he gets a factory seconds for very cheap if he does know somebody who works there, or are there no such thing as factory seconds in cigars?

memphsdad

Rating - 100%
116   0   0
When I found out that the serial code did not match the cigar but was still bolivar I messaged the guy and he told me if I want it to match the cigar than it will cost me $400. When I met him he did mention that he gets them straight from the factory but that they are all a little scuffed up, or I think that's what he said. So is it possible that he gets a factory seconds for very cheap if he does know somebody who works there, or are there no such thing as factory seconds in cigars?
This guy sounds like he's worth staying away from

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy sounds like he's worth staying away from
That's what I'm thinking. But the cigars he's gave me do smell good. So what I'm thinking is try them and if I like them to buy 20 from him at $6 a piece because that's is very cheap for here in Canada. For example a alec bradley black market churchill here in Canada is $15CAD witch is about $11USD we pay 50% tax on the price of the cigar. I bought 20 house blend cigars from the shop I buy from at $5CAD($3.75USD). So if these fake cuban are better than the house blend I buy it may be worth keeping this guy around.

memphsdad

Rating - 100%
116   0   0
That's what I'm thinking. But the cigars he's gave me do smell good. So what I'm thinking is try them and if I like them to buy 20 from him at $6 a piece because that's is very cheap for here in Canada. For example a alec bradley black market churchill here in Canada is $15CAD witch is about $11USD we pay 50% tax on the price of the cigar. I bought 20 house blend cigars from the shop I buy from at $5CAD($3.75USD). So if these fake cuban are better than the house blend I buy it may be worth keeping this guy around.
There's a very good chance that they are decent cigars and worth smoking. The scary thing with fakes is that you never know what you're getting, they might be filled with plastic and hair.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
he told me if I want it to match the cigar than it will cost me $400.
Bwahaha! And you're still talking to this fool/scammer why?

You have no idea what kind of cigars these are... you could be getting cuban tobacco peso cigars that cost cents, or mexican specials, costa rican dirties, who knows... Don't waste your money man.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I took off the band of tge hoyo and notice where the glue is supposed to it says 50/52. Also I am smoking this right now and it is on the mild side of which the double corona is supposed to be and it actually tastes quite nice. At this point even if it is a fake I don't care I got 2 good cigars out of it for free.

Attachments

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am almost convinced these are real at this point. This Hoyo is mild just like it's supposed to be. They are real or the best faked cubans made by cuban to be smoked by people in Cuba. I am going to pick a couple if these up and will send them to a couple people on thus forum please pm if interested.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I am almost convinced these are real at this point. This Hoyo is mild just like it's supposed to be. They are real or the best faked cubans made by cuban to be smoked by people in Cuba. I am going to pick a couple if these up and will send them to a couple people on thus forum please pm if interested.
The cigars is mild, Hoyos are mild, must be real? C'mon, you have half a dozen guys who know a LOT more about Cubans than you do by your own admission, and you're convinciong yourself it must be real because it is mlld?

If (in my opinion, when) you get screwed by this guy, you'll have no one to blame but yourself. Sorry to be blunt, just trying to save you from throwing your cash away. If they are better than your usual smokes and less expensive, awesome, go for it. Just don't kid yourself that they are production or "factory seconds" Cubans.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cigars is mild, Hoyos are mild, must be real? C'mon, you have half a dozen guys who know a LOT more about Cubans than you do by your own admission, and you're convinciong yourself it must be real because it is mlld?

If (in my opinion, when) you get screwed by this guy, you'll have no one to blame but yourself. Sorry to be blunt, just trying to save you from throwing your cash away. If they are better than your usual smokes and less expensive, awesome, go for it. Just don't kid yourself that they are production or "factory seconds" Cubans.
I know I'm probably convincing my self that they are real when they probably are not. But it tasted great and only cost $6 a piece. Ive found that I like more of a medium bodied cigar in the the short time I've been smoking but this mild cigar was actually a good smoke I liked it better than the arturo fuente chateau fuente.