What's new

Are you a good tipper?

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
bad service - 10-15 percent, and i never go back to that restaurant.
good service gets 20
my local restaurant where i eat dinner 2 times week - 30% - 40%. when i walk in, i get treated like a king. worth every penny

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
20% Always.

Unless your real sh_tty, then it's $0.25. I like to make a statement and leave a memory.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I tip well 15-20% in restaurants, ans agree that if you can't afford to tip then go to McD's. In a bar, I always pay cash and be sure to tip big on the first round. This ensures good drinks for the rest of the night. If the service sucks---I don't leave a dime, do you job and you'll get a tip. If the kitchen F's up, or the food is bad, i won't pay for anything and make sure the manager knows I am walking out unsatisfied.

RigilKent

RigilKent
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Tipping. What a great topic. During my younger days i used to work in the food service indsutry and i was a damn good waiter. I know the value of tipping.

A great server will get 30-40% from me. Great servers will take the time to have fun with my daughter, take time to have fun with my wife or me, flirt with me, or in general jsut give flat out outstanding service.

Average service will get 25%.and you have to be really crappy not to get 25% from me.

Bad service gets' 10-15%.

Now for orders of $20 or less, i tip a big percentage. for example, i go to TGI Fridays for lunch and it's $12.56. I leave $20. If it's $9.89, i'll leave 50% or $5.

For bar service it depends on several things.

If they're busy and it's my first order, i tip BIG, and make sure they know it. This insures good service the rest of the night.

If it's just the wife and i or me and another, i leave the balance of $5. For example, 2 drinks cost $12, i round up to $15, so the tip is $3. If' 2 drinks is $9, i'll leave $1 for the first couple then follow it with a $5.

If i've been drinking before hand, it's usually a $5 minimum per order.

If the barkeep is rude, they get nothing, i drink my drink and leave.

And 9 times out of 10, my wife and i will eat dinner at the bar becasue drinks are faster and service is better. Bartenders are more likely to be freindly and they ring that crazy bell when they get a good tip.

Same here