What's new

Arielle from La Sirena Cigars on Cigar Obsession Tomorrow Night

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks as if its actually a petite lancero at 6x44, and it appears they only sell by the box.

Mdwest - if you are thinking about a box split I'd be in for a couple.

Rating - 98.4%
90   1   0
Freedom of speech although I kind of get that they want a more classy communication so that it never crumbles to full blown immaturity. So instead of saying exactly what you are thinking you could always rephrase. Example oh man I'm glad she doesn't like 7x70s or I would feel inadequate...... cause I enjoy lanceros. Lol
Kinda what I was getting at by rephrasing it so it doesn't seem like your trying to be a dick to people who were just being a tad juvenile.... But I guess my statement was "bullying" because I don't see the need to attack people with the aforementioned comments about how juvenile this place has become. Oh and for the record I've seen plenty of prominent business people post selfies on Instagram or twitter of them at the beach.....I guess that means that's their new business card photo. Would love to listen to the interview but after all this shit, I'll just be "moving on."

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Tag, you don't have to move on. If you're interested in watching the video, watch it. You get to choose whether you want to acknowledge the bullshit or ignore it. Be true to yourself. Speak your mind regardless of how others might feel about it (although temperance is also important at times but again that's everyone's own discretion)

I chose to take the view points offered into consideration but ultimately came to the conclusion that I was comfortable with my comments. I respect everyone's opinion but ultimately decide for myself what is right and wrong. Don't let it bother you brother.

Back to Arielle's lanceros. I've had two of La Serina cigars (different format) in the past and they were very good. These look just as tasty. Thanks to La Serina coming on BOTL and letting us know where to find them, it's allowed us to try them for ourselves. Thanks La Serina Cigars! I'll be picking some up myself.

Side note: Ariella is hot and I'm sure this isn't the first time she's had some "frat boys" loosing it a little over her. We're men....and sometimes we act like it..

By the way if this doesn't give you a 7X70, I don't know what will.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Tag, you don't have to move on. If you're interested in watching the video, watch it. You get to choose whether you want to acknowledge the bullshit or ignore it. Be true to yourself. Speak your mind regardless of how others might feel about it (although temperance is also important at times but again that's everyone's own discretion)

I chose to take the view points offered into consideration but ultimately came to the conclusion that I was comfortable with my comments. I respect everyone's opinion but ultimately decide for myself what is right and wrong. Don't let it bother you brother.

Back to Arielle's lanceros. I've had two of La Serina cigars (different format) in the past and they were very good. These look just as tasty. Thanks to La Serina coming on BOTL and letting us know where to find them, it's allowed us to try them for ourselves. Thanks La Serina Cigars! I'll be picking some up myself.

Side note: Ariella is hot and I'm sure this isn't the first time she's had some "frat boys" loosing it a little over her. We're men....and sometimes we act like it..

By the way if this doesn't give you a 7X70, I don't know what will.

She loves the attention anyway. And yes that is arousing to see

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I'm not much for lances... But if you guys want to organize a box split of some sort... I'll go pick up the sticks for you... Someone take point, collect up the $$, etc.. And I'll go run and fetch...

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I'm not much for lances... But if you guys want to organize a box split of some sort... I'll go pick up the sticks for you... Someone take point, collect up the $$, etc.. And I'll go run and fetch...

Thanks Brother!!! I think im just going to buy a box as soon as my Card gets straighten back out after yesterdays LP Unico's mad dash they took all the payments off it and only had 1 of the box's I ordered in my 2 separate order so now I goto wait on the refunds :(

But if anyone is interested in them once they get here I will let up to half the box go

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all the picture was posted by Ms. Ditkowich herself, so reposting it did not seem inappropriate.
I don't think anyone had an issue with the photo, I think the issue was with some of the comments that were being made.

My main concern is the continued bullying of members here to repress their viewpoints.
I re-read over the thread a few times and I don't see bullying? A small number of people expressed a desire for others to keep it classy.

While I understand that this is the "kinder & gentler" cigar forum anyone that expresses an opinion outside the Borg collective is admonished for doing so. If you don't like the thread contents move on, but making people feel bad and causing self censorship because you don't like their opinion is not what our society or a forum full of individuals is or should be about. People should feel free to express their opinions, whether childish or not. Just one posters opinion.
On one hand you're saying that people should be able to express their opinions and then you're disagreeing with people who expressed that they didn't like how people were speaking about Ms. Ditkowich. As far as making people feel bad, I don't think they was the goal, the goal was to say 'hey maybe some of these comments are out of line and you might want to reconsider'.

In a situation where someone is saying something that might be offensive (mildly or otherwise), the easy thing to do is to sit quietly and say nothing. The hard thing to do is to speak out and potentially make yourself a target. The greater concern I have when we're sitting around making childish remarks is that on the other side of that comment is a human being.

I'm as guilty as the next person of saying inappropriate things but at the end of the day I believe we should all be working to make our cigar community more inclusive. I hope I haven't attacked you or singled you out by responding, I just wanted to address some of your comments to try and clarify.

In my experience the cigar community goes to great lengths to be thoughtful and generous and supportive.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I thing you've gone to great lengths here to attack & single me out! But as I said, people, you included, should feel free to express their opinions without making others feel they need to censor & retract their comments. This is a cigar board for God's sake not bible class.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Actually, I thing you've gone to great lengths here to attack & single me out! But as I said, people, you included, should feel free to express their opinions without making others feel they need to censor & retract their comments. This is a cigar board for God's sake not bible class.
This is a cigar board, not bible class. But that doesn't mean we should be classless (see what I did there?).

This board has always been a classy place. Asking the brothers here to show respect for a fellow SOTL isn't exactly out of line.

To turn your argument around, this is a cigar board, not a frat house. You can't just say anything here. A little self-restraint, and a little self-censorship, both borne out of a mutual respect for everyone here are hallmarks of being a BOTL. Expressing opinions is fine. Disrespect is not fine, and ought not to be tolerated on this board.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I sincerely apologize if you feel I'm attacking you. I absolutely did not intend my response that way.