What's new

Aristocrat Armoir

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I tend to live vicariously through others...great looking humidor. That kind of money could buy me a lot of boxes of CC's and NC's.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
There's a bunch of empty coffins being humidified along with the Opus 22 box in the middle. I left these out in the sun yesterday so they would "air out" and not smell like varnish any more. When they're nice and humidified, I can put the sticks back in them and put it all back in the box. Opus and Anejo on the bottom, Fuente up next from the bottom. Tatuaje in the middle, Padron above them along with the LFD Solomons, and Liga/Drew Estate along with a lot of miscellaneous stuff on top. I've laid it all out....it's a sickness. :) What is scary is that there's a LOT more room in there. If anyone is interested in a couple of 120 qt Igloos with 4 lbs of heartfelt beads, and you can come to Atlanta, send me a PM.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So far so good. I did have to make a change on the calibration on the temperature though. I called Bob, and he walked me through it no problem. I'm feeling pretty comfortable that my cigars are safe, and happy, and will be for a long time. I plan on adding in a web enabled logging thermometer/hygrometer that should give me some good information as far as how everything changes in there. I wish I could see the temp and humidity without opening the door, but it's impossible without a glass front. There's a number of different wireless options out there that will provide this functionality. Bob did say that at some point they may be able to make that a factory option.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Thats a thing of beauty Fred.. nice choice...

and I owe you a Thank You!

I used this thread and your pics to convince my wife I need a bigger cabinet :)

I wont be going the aristocrat route.. but I've been eyeballing a couple of mid sized china cabinets for several weeks that I would like to turn into a DIY project and convert...

My converted gun cabinet has served me well (I really do enjoy it).. but.. its time for an upgrade/expansion! :)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So far so good. I did have to make a change on the calibration on the temperature though. I called Bob, and he walked me through it no problem. I'm feeling pretty comfortable that my cigars are safe, and happy, and will be for a long time. I plan on adding in a web enabled logging thermometer/hygrometer that should give me some good information as far as how everything changes in there. I wish I could see the temp and humidity without opening the door, but it's impossible without a glass front. There's a number of different wireless options out there that will provide this functionality. Bob did say that at some point they may be able to make that a factory option.
That's one thing I liked about getting glass, I didn't even plan on it, just happened that I can look over and watch the T/H change, just another reason to stare at it lovingly!

You can always go with the Oregon Scientific wireless set up, I'm pretty sure they have one of those you can enable to check on your phone or web device, or on the soon to be apple watch :D LOL

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Get this and you don't have to open the door: http://www.ambientweather.com/amws07x3kit.html

I have the older version here and works great: http://www.ambientweather.com/amws0100combokit.html

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm looking at this one.... I can check the status from anywhere in the world as long as my WiFi is working at the house. Its super accurate, and they offer a NIST calibration. I figure if I'm gonna do it, I should do it right. I really wanted to have it web enabled. This is the only unit I found that was WiFi, and didn't require its own proprietary base station that hooks into the router (Like the LaCross). It can use my existing infrastructure. Probably overkill....I can also download historical data from the web, and create a chart of my specs over time. Could be cool to determine how long it takes to recover temp and humidity when I open the doors, or how often the cooling has to kick on. This looked like the ultimate setup for what I wanted it to do.