What's new

ATTN Blackberry Users!

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
My wife and I are getting new phones next month & I'm looking for some suggestions.

Here's the deal: I've had the Curve 8900 for 2-3 years now & I do really like Blackberry. However, I don't know much about the newer phones. The Torch 2 looks pretty nice. How does it compare to other smartphones? (Not the iPhone, blech!)

So, Blackberry users, is it worth it to get a new Blackberry, or should I look into the android platform?

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Got the Torch1 for myself. Bold 9700 for the wife and a PlayBook in transit.
BB all the way.

Since we're debating, I found this funny :rolling:

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
just bought a samsung galaxy ii s. love it. love it. way better than bb. youll miss bbchat but theres a crossplatform mesaaging app called whats app that comes in handy.

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Android all the way!!! If you add custom roms like Cyanogen to the mix it makes it even better. ;) I am on my Atrix 4G running Cyanogen 7 on my unlimited plan. Win!

Sent using Tapatalk while getting a blumpkin.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I was a longtime blackberry user for 2-3 generations of phones. I switched to android and love it. Granted texting got some getting used to but it's all good.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
How much email do you do? Still miss my BB for a lot of reasons the main one being iPhone does a crappy job of dealing with email. That said the video games on iPhone are pretty awesome and the camera is amazing.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
unrelated to gibble's post...swype technology is a game changer. texting and emails in no time.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I email and browse the web almost exclusively through my phone. Also, I'll say again, I'm not at all interested in the iPhone. Plus, I'm on T-Mobile so it isn't available anyway.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
No iOS love? Right now it's all about iOS or Android. Stay away from RIM and Blackberry. Dying platform.

WkndSmoker

Short Story
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I have a Blackberry supplied by my company on the Verizon network. The thing is like an office on wheels and I love it. Blackberry seems to be struggling in the market now, so the future is uncertain. I use push to talk many, many times daily, so less that support not sure what the future holds. If I was to purchase a personal phone, I have to say that I would go iPhone, the droid just seems to have too many bugs from the friends I have that own them.

Baldanders

Jim AKA Patty
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I love my Blackberry 9700 but have thought about looking at Androids. I've decided to wait until the new QNX based OS BB comes out later this year before making up my mind.

Tiburon

Apprentice BOTL
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The Blackberry was and is the greatest email device ever made. Unfortunately the digital age is about a lot more than email, and Blackberry was late to that party. I had a Blackberry for 3 years, loved it. Bought a Droid X a year ago and cannot and would not ever go back. Hardest thing for me was not having a keyboard. That lasted a week. No desire for another device--except my soon-to-be coming 4G Android device.

Sent from my BNTV250 using Tapatalk

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I love my Blackberry 9700 but have thought about looking at Androids. I've decided to wait until the new QNX based OS BB comes out later this year before making up my mind.
I hear the London Edition with OS10 will be... the... shit.
Still, I love my BB to death (albeit there's a battery pull once a week) and am literally on the edge of my seat to get my PlayBook!!