What's new

Aurora Colorado Mass Shooting @ Dark Knight Premiere

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Police Chief just updated to 14 fatalities, possibly as many as 50 injured. Lone gunman is in custody, he was in tac gear with some type of smoke grenade/tear gas, shotgun and handgun. Can't even imagine...

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Oh geez... that area can't catch a break! The fires most recently, but that isn't too far from Columbine High School. :(

That is EXACTLY why I'm armed, and practice, practice, practice, practice, PRACTICE!

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
And this is why I carry a pistol each and every day! Such horrible acts of evil can happen anywhere! My prayers go out to the families and the injured
Ditto!!

It's a shame that we have such a weak judicial system. I really blame alot of our criminal acts on the fact that bad people are no longer afraid of what punishment awaits them. As frightening as it may seem, and be, I would hope someone close to the shooter would tackle him to save lives. I would like to think I would have this kind of courage should something like that happen to me. All I can think about is how many family lives are lost because of a cowardly act like this. What a shame.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I work part time in a theater and always carry. The few who know I do always scoff. I wouldn't tie my shoes without my firearm.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very sad and my heart goes out to those families. I do have a question though. Never having been to Colorado, with all the shootings that happen there what is going on in that State? This tragedy, the school kids shooting......

owensaz

Pallabra. (Word.)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It's a double tragedy.. My condolences to the families.

I just dont get it though, I left CO Springs in February and the states gun laws are 2nd Amendment friendly how could 100's of people not take advantage of that? I know a few establishments have that "No Firearms" sign posted but I've always felt I'd happily take a misdemeanor charge if caught. The fines are equal to that of driving 20 over the speed limit. Your life and is atleast worth that.

Brothers protect yourself at all times.. Many you take several large risk a year chasing the "sweet hay like goodness from overseas."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jca9crxc5_nBDSP6kFD-ygu909Gg?docId=7a91e6f2ec474f46b1c391f3178ee655

Sorry I'm mobile but here's a link to the news.

Last edited:

owensaz

Pallabra. (Word.)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
A 24 year old kid?!?! Unreal. Very sad indeed.
Yea my age I asked on my FB page who do we blame? My mom and grandparents didn't have these kinds of things happening atleast not nearly as frequently. I feel like Virginia Tech just happened different set of circumstances but countless victims nonetheless..

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
It's a shame that we have such a weak judicial system. I really blame alot of our criminal acts on the fact that bad people are no longer afraid of what punishment awaits them.
Tom,

This guy was willing to murder 12 people and injure another 50. I don't know what CO law looks like, but I have to imagine that's Death Penalty (if they have it) or Life Without Parole territory. If that did not give him pause I can't possibly imagine what would have scared him off doing this. Can you?

Maybe we could have come up with a punishment absolutely terrifying enough to have given him pause, or gun laws draconian enough that could have denied him the means to do it, but I don't think so. What really rips me up about this is the idea that he was angry/crazy/whatever enough to WANT to unleash this sort of terrible violence on his fellow Americans. I want to know what causes that and if there's anything we can do about it.

-Charles

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
, or gun laws draconian enough that could have denied him the means to do it, but I don't think so.

-Charles
I get what your getting at, but this has proven time and time again to be a fails ideology. Evil people will find the means to do evil things. I think gun laws have nothing to do with such a tragedy. The dude even had explosives in his house, which are not legal without the proper license.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
[
I get what your getting at, but this has proven time and time again to be a fails ideology. Evil people will find the means to do evil things. I think gun laws have nothing to do with such a tragedy. The dude even had explosives in his house, which are not legal without the proper license.
I think we agree more than you read from my post. I don't think you can stop this sort of thing with strong gun control any more than I think you can stop it with a more aggressive criminal justice system.

The part of this story that I'm waiting for is the "why?" We'll never be able to cleanse society of all its ills, but maybe there are things we can be doing to make these sorts of tragedies less common. Everyone with an ideology or an agenda is going to want to push a quick and decisive legislative solution, but I suspect the solution we really need will be slow and cultural.

-Charles

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And this is why I carry a pistol each and every day! Such horrible acts of evil can happen anywhere! My prayers go out to the families and the injured
This tragedy right here has finally pushed me over the edge of deciding whether or not to get my CCW. Something like this just reinforces the fact psychotic killers don't have to have a who, where, when, or why.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Horrible.

I've been to that theater in Aurora a couple of times. The thing that stood out to me was the fact that there's usually a small contingent of police officers who are posted there in the evenings.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just another reason I wait until movies hit blu-ray or netflix. Sad day.
I'm not one to live in fear but this makes sense for my wife and I..we live in hostile times where people can do inexplicable things and it's not just terrorists. I prefer to stay home and enjoy the confines of my place...watch my movies and smoke my cigars w/o worrying about some nutbag with a mental issue. We take a lot of vacations like cruises where we can enjoy ourselves and stay in our cabin if we choose to do so and sit on the balcony and relax. Can't even remember the last time I went to see a movie at the theater....$12 per ticket/popcorn and goodies=$12...by the time you park and eat and watch it's $50....that can buy me some good cigars.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Just another reason I wait until movies hit blu-ray or netflix. Sad day.
I'm not one to live in fear but this makes sense for my wife and I..we live in hostile times where people can do inexplicable things and it's not just terrorists. I prefer to stay home and enjoy the confines of my place...watch my movies and smoke my cigars w/o worrying about some nutbag with a mental issue. We take a lot of vacations like cruises where we can enjoy ourselves and stay in our cabin if we choose to do so and sit on the balcony and relax. Can't even remember the last time I went to see a movie at the theater....$12 per ticket/popcorn and goodies=$12...by the time you park and eat and watch it's $50....that can buy me some good cigars.
Exactly. Tickets are just way overpriced anymore.