What's new

Australian Cubans

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
My father in law brought back some sticks for me from his recent business trip to Sydney. He got me some Romeo Y Julieta No. 2's and Monte No. 4's. They are from the duty free shop at the Sydney airport so I am assuming they are legit. This crazy Aussie packaging is weird though. I did some research and realize this is how tobacco is packaged over there, but I just wanted to run this by some people more experienced then I am on Cubans. They look good, triple capped, good construction, but being someone with very little Cuban experience, it is hard for me to tell the legitimacy without lookign at the band/packaging. So how do these look to you guys? Also, on another note, 'AGO 14' is written on the Monte box and 'JUL 14' on the Romeo box. Besides giving them time to acclimate in the humidor, do I need to let these age any longer or are they good to smoke now? Thanks in advance everybody!
DSC_0220.JPG DSC_0221.JPG DSC_0224.JPG DSC_0226.JPG DSC_0227.JPG DSC_0222.JPG DSC_0223.JPG

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Doesn't mean they are fake in and of itself, but I am with Chuck in that the band replacement is more than a little strange.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This is the first time I have seen it, but that is how I understand it as well. I am a little suprised the bands have to be neutered as well. But I guess a logo is some sort of advertising.

It's amazing that the place that has 987,548,825,835 different things that kill you within 10 minutes; if you get bitten by, stung by, touch, brush against, or look at the wrong way, is so concerned about cigarette packaging.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Yea, if I didn't see this first, I would have assumed right away there was something fishy going on. Some of the other packaging is even worse than the toe tag picture!

This is the first time I have seen it, but that is how I understand it as well. I am a little suprised the bands have to be neutered as well. But I guess a logo is some sort of advertising.

It's amazing that the place that has 987,548,825,835 different things that kill you within 10 minutes; if you get bitten by, stung by, touch, brush against, or look at the wrong way, is so concerned about cigarette packaging.
Hahaha very true... so many things to kill you in Australia and a cigar is the concern.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Damn.. That is just crazy amounts of 'These are death sticks' packaging I've ever seen! I sure hope you don't need to wear a shirt of the same notice while smoking said death stick, just to make sure that you get the point.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Been hearing about this for some months,thanks for sharing.
I agree changing the band is a bit much,are you sure the original band is not under the generic one?
This would make it easy to produce fakes..........
according to the Monte 4 box, the cigars are from Aug '14. Really had no clue the program was in effect for so long,and that the box code would be on the new packaging.

That's going to cost big time !

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Been hearing about this for some months,thanks for sharing.
I agree changing the band is a bit much,are you sure the original band is not under the generic one?
This would make it easy to produce fakes..........
according to the Monte 4 box, the cigars are from Aug '14. Really had no clue the program was in effect for so long,and that the box code would be on the new packaging.

That's going to cost big time !
I'll have to give it another look but I don't think they are under there...

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Yeah those laws have been around a very long time. And a lot of vendors over here just plain ignore it.

Must not be policed very well. But most big chain tobacconists sell cigars that look just like this.

I'd say they are legit mate, it's how everyone here is supposed to be selling them but very few do.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Yeah those laws have been around a very long time. And a lot of vendors over here just plain ignore it.

Must not be policed very well. But most big chain tobacconists sell cigars that look just like this.

I'd say they are legit mate, it's how everyone here is supposed to be selling them but very few do.
Packaging like that would make me want to quit!

Jk
:)