What's new

Australian Cubans

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Your all good brotha light em up !! Now u know what us Aussie fellas have to put up with , fukn rediculous . I Chimed in a bit late but yeh bands are normally covered up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Your all good brotha light em up !! Now u know what us Aussie fellas have to put up with , fukn rediculous . I Chimed in a bit late but yeh bands are normally covered up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks brother! Sucks for you Aussies though...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the labels replace the proof of authenticity, I'd expect the Australian government to issue some sort of seal of their own to guarantee the cigars are indeed what the generic label says they should be.

I understand the idea behind removing the advertising aspect of the package, but going this far to protect the consumer they are also reducing the comsumer protection.

Anyway, fake or not, I'd think twice before smoking them, what with the throat cancer and all.

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
Its strange that they would do this in the duty free store because, they put the duty free stores in the departing part of the airport because it technically isnt in the country so they can avoid that countrys taxes because it technically isnt sold in that country, so i dont see any advertising laws being up held in a store that technically isnt in that country. Strange to say the least

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Its strange that they would do this in the duty free store because, they put the duty free stores in the departing part of the airport because it technically isnt in the country so they can avoid that countrys taxes because it technically isnt sold in that country, so i dont see any advertising laws being up held in a store that technically isnt in that country. Strange to say the least
Depends on the definition of duty free... The stuff I get from the euro zone is VAT free but I'm still buying boxes with the import duty paid on the sticks.

If imagine it's cheaper for the distributor to pay the import tax on everything and label all boxes approprtely than section off a small group to be sold in duty free stores.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I live In Australia , all tobacco retailers must cover packaging with plain dull colours and labels this is law in Australia,
I can quiet comfortably say that the cigars purchased are genuine , Australia does not have any fake cubans cigars or any other for that matter.
I purchase from local If I am out and about the city, I prefer to order from overseas because its a hell of a lot cheaper than what it is here.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Hi I live In Australia , all tobacco retailers must cover packaging with plain dull colours and labels this is law in Australia,
I can quiet comfortably say that the cigars purchased are genuine , Australia does not have any fake cubans cigars or any other for that matter.
I purchase from local If I am out and about the city, I prefer to order from overseas because its a hell of a lot cheaper than what it is here.
I doubt the bolded text...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am being serious , we did at one stage have fake cigarettes, but government cracked down alot of people went away for a long time.
Sad truth is not many cigar smokers in Australia total population is around 23million people and thats mad up of kids non smokers etc.
Its pretty small.

Places to purchase from where I live Melbourne
lcdh store 2 of them and they supply the rest i think thier is about 3 retailers in Melbourne , and afcourse you can buy crappy ones at supermarkets.

Thats why alot of people from downunder will buy online more variet and much much cheaper.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I am being serious , we did at one stage have fake cigarettes, but government cracked down alot of people went away for a long time.
Sad truth is not many cigar smokers in Australia total population is around 23million people and thats mad up of kids non smokers etc.
Its pretty small.

Places to purchase from where I live Melbourne
lcdh store 2 of them and they supply the rest i think thier is about 3 retailers in Melbourne , and afcourse you can buy crappy ones at supermarkets.

Thats why alot of people from downunder will buy online more variet and much much cheaper.
I get what your saying, I think @btubes18 just doubts the finality of the statement.
@Lindseylucc did buy some fake Cohiballs from a retailer here (which funnily enough were a great smoke).

But I agree the likelihood is extremely low, and we do not see many fakes down under at all!

By the way, hello and welcome dude! Always glad to have another Aussie on board, where do you hail from?

Not on as often anymore so probs missed your intro post.