What's new

Avallo Decisions.....

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Ok, so now things are starting to settle down a bit and the fact that I won the Avallo Cabinet has sunk in.... WHOOHOO! Man that has REALLY made my year!

Been trying to decide whether to upgrade or not, and if I do, what to upgrade to....

So far I'm thinking of upgrading to the 2000 with a couple of pull-out shelves and a wood front rather than the glass door.

Any thoughts?

I figure that this will last me a lifetime and I might as well take advantage of the opportunity to get a cabinet that I can grow into.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
If I would have won, I would have definitely upgraded. It should last you for atleast a year or two :wink:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Me personally, I like the glass front. I would certainly go up in size and would get a wood that I enjoy.

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
If I would have won...I would hav given it to a brother on this board!:stretchgr :angel:

just kidding...but seriously, you gotta get what you want! your right, this will be something that will not only last you, but your family for generations lifetimes. take your time, figure what best suits you, and get whatever it is you want!

if it was me, I wouldn;t upgrade the size (the 1200 is plenty big for me) but I definately like the wood front as opposed to the glsss!

oh, and again....CONGRATULATIONS BRO!!!

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
congrats on the win! for sure, get exactly what you want! a fine piece of furniture that'll last forever. guess i'll start looking myself!

jeff

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Personally I'd also upgrade to either the 1200 or the Triple D shorty. It all depends on how big your collection is now and how big you'd like to let it get. You definitely should do the pull out draws that's a must have and makes it easier to work with.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I've been following Randy's cabinet acquisition process. I really like the look of the wood front. And I'm not sure about the effects of sunlight on cigars. Or, for that matter if I place the cabinet where sunlight does hit it, if the temps will swing more dramatically with the glass front.....

Matthew

Tobacco Beetle
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Definitely get the larger size and the pull out shelves. I like the glass door, but only because I can see the Accumonitor display. I would recommend that you not get the glass top.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
If you have a spot picked out you will know if sunlight will be an issue or not.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I've been trying to work out a smoking room in my unfinished basement. I have the ceiling picked out and we've kind of settled on the flooring. My only outstanding problem is an air exchange system. I'll be setting it up there.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I have the 1200 and I can tell you.........upgrade......that's like twice the humi for half the price. You will never regre it. I too like the glass front.

Mike means twice the space for only 50% more money, not half the price.

I would go larger as well. What you decide on doors, colors, shelves, water bottles is a personal taste. I used to like glass front, but various boxes make things a bit ugly inside. One last thing; Go big or go home.

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I've been following Randy's cabinet acquisition process. I really like the look of the wood front. And I'm not sure about the effects of sunlight on cigars. Or, for that matter if I place the cabinet where sunlight does hit it, if the temps will swing more dramatically with the glass front.....
Keep in mind that sunlight will also have significant affects on wood also. Depending on the type of wood you'd be using, ie Cherry, the finish will change significantly when expose to UV rays. A glass door would allow your cigars to get steamed rather quickly with direct sunlight coming in. I would keep it out a direct sunlight regardless of the type door used.