What's new

Avallo Decisions.....

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I say upgrade if you can... I like the wood front, not a fan of the glass but that is personal preference...

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Daniel, I didn't go with the glass because I was concerned about the ability to hold the humidity over time. I figured it's just one more place things could go awry. Also, I'm glad I put in an additional singles drawer. It's really handy. Definitely go to the larger size, it won't take long to fill!

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I saw that you had gone with the cooled cabinet Randy. I have a couple of concerns with the glass front even without having a cooled case. First is aesthetic, I like the look of the solid wood panel. Another is that the 2000 isn't a "display" cabinet as the "Triple D" or the "TD" are intended to be. I am more interested in storage rather than display and I think that somehow it will just look disorganized as I fill it up.

And then there is alway the "out of sight, out of mind" factor.... stock increases won't be as much of a comment issue with the solid door.... lol!

I'm thinking Brown or Red/Brown 2000 with Burl Walnut door panel and 2 sliding shelves.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Looks like you've almost made up your mind, but just to toss in another opinion, I'd personally go for the wood door.

Oh, and upgrading is a definate must!

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Big temp difference between AZ and PA. Randy had to get a cooled cabinet or spent $400 a month to make the cigars comfortable.

I plead the 5th and repudiate myself on hiding cigars behind closed doors.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No matter what you get:
Wood door over glass: why do you need to see the accumonitor? It just works; trust it.
No need for cooling unless you move to swampland or desert
I like the darker woods on the Avallos.
Spring for the slide-out shelves

If you upgrade to the 2000:
Spring for an additional singles drawer.

Or you could just go for the Triple D. I would. :^)

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I have the 1200 and I can tell you.........upgrade......that's like twice the humi for half the price. You will never regre it. I too like the glass front.
I also have a 1200 (less than a year old) and I already need something bigger and cooled being in Texas and all where it is summer 9 months out of the year. So fellows be on the lookout because once I get some extra cash I will be looking to unload mine to a fine and upstanding botl that will appreciate her as much as I do. My next cabinet will be a cooled 2000. I definitely recommend NO GLASS and darker wood.