What's new

B&M in Chicago

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Fella's,

I travel to Chicago twice a year and I'm looking for a good spot in and around the city to relax and smoke. Specifically the downtown area and the Joliet area.

Thoughts??

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Iwan Ries is great, it's downtown. I wasn't as heavy a cigar smoker when I frequented the store a while back (more into pipes at the time), but I believe their cigar selection is decent. Certainly their pipe tobacco selection was great, and the staff is very helpful.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Iwan Ries is great, it's downtown. I wasn't as heavy a cigar smoker when I frequented the store a while back (more into pipes at the time), but I believe their cigar selection is decent. Certainly their pipe tobacco selection was great, and the staff is very helpful.

Ries is one of 2 places downtown, my preference. They are the nations second oldest tobbacconist. Everything at msrp, great staff, fantastic selection. If you're out in Joliet, head a little further west..The Leaf! G1

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Ries is one of 2 places downtown, my preference. They are the nations second oldest tobbacconist. Everything at msrp, great staff, fantastic selection. If you're out in Joliet, head a little further west..The Leaf! G1

Now that I think about it.....I ran into this place online not long ago. I will definitely stop by. I will check into the leaf as well as I will be doing a lot of traveling in the area.

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Then The Burning Leaf is a must stop. Good sticks,Great Lounge, Great People, Always a good time.
Just talked to one of the guys at the burning leaf (Jamal) and I've got my Muwat's on order. Nice... New Orleans has it's fair share of cigar's, but damn Chicago beats every city out.

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
jack schwartz....go in ask for Eric, and tell him Luke sent you! Then they will kick you out....j/k....might help him know you are looking for some htf stuff. lounge isnt huge, but the people in there are always discussing something interesting. Iwan ries is alsoo decent, you pay 10 bucks or something and you ca get in there lounge, which is often empty. Up down cigars isnt bad either, but not much of a lounge there and its not exactly in the loop like the other two. if you want to go out of the city there are plenty of places and plenty of brothers here that can help you find a nice place!

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I agree with Luke, I have traveled that area extensivly and found Jack's to be the best place around. Also, be prepared to pay a lot to park.

Enjoy the windy city, it is tops.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I heard up down cigar was another cool place. Thoughts
Its a nice shop, expensive and little seating. Don't know when your coming but Updown has some kick ssa parties once a month in the summer. Free food and booze with a 20 dollar entrance. They open up the outdoor patio area only for this and only a few times a year.10 dollars go back towards your spending for the night!:cbig:
Do yourself a favor hit one of the downtown shops(Iwan). Hit up Casa de Montecristo (THE nicest shop you'll ever visit) And hit up the Leaf. (The greatest people in a cigar shop):halfgrinw

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I'll be in and around the city the 22nd through 26th. Casa de Montecristo and the leaf appear to a must. The owner of my b&m shop recommended Updown. Said the owner is extremely well known throughout the industry.

Thanks for the tips!!

itallushrt

hero
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I heard up down cigar was another cool place. Thoughts
I am in town visiting also and stopped in updown this afternoon. While there i enjoyed a 7th capa especial and picked up some tat black pl, 7th reserva, quesada espana and dirty rats. Then walked down to Topo Gigio for a fantastic lunch. Great day so far!