What's new

B&M vs. Internet

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
99% online for me so far. Still new at it but local shops just charge too much for what I can find on CBid currently. Once I branch out a little more and start looking for the more popular/harder to find cigars then yeah, I'll check out a local shop. But the ease of online and costs are a huge reason to stick with online for now for myself.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
99% online for me so far. Still new at it but local shops just charge too much for what I can find on CBid currently. Once I branch out a little more and start looking for the more popular/harder to find cigars then yeah, I'll check out a local shop. But the ease of online and costs are a huge reason to stick with online for now for myself.
Delete your cbid account bruh, a lot of stuff there will fool you into thinking you're getting a good deal.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Depends on what it is that I'm buying but if I can get it from my local shop I get it from them. Since they came out, Ive been a big fan of the Sobremesa. My local shop sells them for the same price that I can get them for online but on top of that usually does a 10% discount if you're buying in bulk, and does a punch card (1 punch for every $10 spent, 10 punches gets you $10 off your next purchase) so Its actually cheaper to get them there. Some things he may be, at most, $1 more but I'd don't mind paying it because I feel in the long run I get it back from them giving me a free cigar every now and again.

on the other hand, I realize that they cant carry every line of cigars out there so when something new comes out that they don't carry i go to online sites. All of the TAA stuff, and new internet hyped stuff comes from online.

I'd probably say 70/30 or even 80/20 in the B&M's favor

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Delete your cbid account bruh, a lot of stuff there will fool you into thinking you're getting a good deal.
CBid is just like any other auction. Just know what retail is, how much you can buy directly from online, and what your B&M charges. Then factor shipping and decide what you're willing to pay.

Don't get into bidding wars and do not budge on your hard limit on price. Personally, I try to stay at least 25% less after shipping on any auction (cigar or other wise) than I can get at the cheapest other places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
99% online

3 store within a 30 minute drive...

#1 decent selection, high prices, unhelpful and rude staff, great location.

#2 crappy selection, still high prices, staff knows nothing of cigars, great selection of rolling papers.

#3 pretty good selection, friendly staff, high prices, terrible location, lots of tweaker customers. I'll grab a couple singles if I am ever close to it.

A distillery just opened that started carrying 10-15 cigars...and saying they are a Davidoff retailer. Knowing the area and customer base, super fucking expensive. Probably only buy 1-2 a year when we have drinks there. I believe it's the only place where you can buy and smoke, but it's only outside by the fire pit.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
60% on the wire / 40% at a small PUFF shop thats about 25 minutes away. The shop has two 5ft sliding door humidiors and the rest of the floor is bag tobacco and dutch master/swisher stuff. Some vape gear and i believe rolling papers. but they resisted turning the place into a head shop which is nice.
Their singles..mostly.. are as if box priced.. if you know what i mean. So i dont have to commit to a box to get a sampler and bomb variety singles inventory at a good price. . No lounge.

Then for my box buys is the online. Thats dailys. Yard gars and mid shelfs.( Which is why i have to go to the walk-in shop a town over to spice up my bombs)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Before I setup ventilation in the garage, I used to go to my B&M about once a week to sit and smoke. Didn't keep any on hand at home either, if I did it was less than 5 and only in the summer when I'd have a cigar sitting by firepit.

But, at double the average online price or more on most things, I rarely stop in anymore. Sometimes if there's something I want to try I'll grab a single. But, they don't store at my preferred RH, and really it costs the same as if I were to order a single and have it shipped to me...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was 30/70% with most special occasion cigars coming from the B&M with boxes, five packs and samplers coming mail order. Now I'm trying to build a supply of special occasion sticks so other than cigar shows I hope to be 5/95% to extend the budget a little farther.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Oh I take care to note current prices and shipping costs. I'm done ordering anything for now but I always looked at current prices. I don't order anything considered premium anyways as most are $2-4 cigars. Thanks for the reminder though :)

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Sometimes I can find a good deal at a shop and I'll buy some quantity then. One local shop prides itself on carrying a stuff from smaller makers, I can sometimes find stuff I want to try there that I can buy one or two or three of to try. Anytime I find something like that in that shop, I buy. Stuff that is generally set price and I want a few of, I buy at a shop. Boxes usually I buy online. Anything that I know I can't get local, I buy online.

I have some really good shops in my area and I need them so I can smoke in the winter, so I try to strike a balance between trying to give them business and being able to afford buying cigars.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me, about 50/50. I attend a monthly cigar tasting at a cigar bar about 30 minutes away. He discounts all boxes 25% during these, so the price is the same as ordering online. There is a bulk candy dealer about an hour or so away with a nice walk-in humidor and average prices wife likes shopping for the candy and snacks, I get to cigar shop. I do, however, get to pay for both orders (my wife is very generous that way). So the half I like and can't get on line I pick up here. The other half that I can get online, I order there.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
80% online, 20% B&M.
Online for 5ers or anything more.
B&M for singles I want to try or for stuff I can't find online (mostly Opus X, Anejo, etc.)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm about 95% online/5% B&M. I just moved to St. Louis so I do have better options now, but before that my B&M didn't have great options. There was no lounge and the hours were bad. My preferred store now still has bad hours, but a MUCH better atmosphere and selection. I largely buy singles at B&M, anything else comes from online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk