What's new

Bad Fuente

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I know, I know.... sorry.... not sorry :)
1) i've seen some of the shit you burn, no questions on taste.

2) once again, something for everyone, that's the way the world works.

3) disregard 1 and 2; you don't like anejo, are you high?!?!?! o_0
I had a few 858 sungrown... overly bitter and dry to me, and I REALLY wanted to like them.
I tried all the Anejos and the only one that was good was the No.55... and I REALLLLLY wanted to like them.
Casa Fuentes are WAY to sweet to me... and I made sure everytime I smoked them was with friend and making a "night" of it... which always improves the chances of liking.. but.
I REALLY wanted to like the hemminway line but they where bitter to me...
The bitter theme was killing me with fuentes... maybe Cameroon isnt my leaf. :dunno:
And dont even get me started on fresh opus... and im an opus whore :argh:

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
tossing grief, buddy. it's good to see people say, "hey, i honestly don't like X, it doesn't suit me because of...", as it reminds guys NOT to buy names, no matter whose it is. NO ONE makes winners 100% of the time that everyone loves unconditionally.

and i have had two people so far ask me "what's wrong with you" to my face today, and my day isn't over yet, so don't take that high comment too seriously. o)

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
tossing grief, buddy. it's good to see people say, "hey, i honestly don't like X, it doesn't suit me because of...", as it reminds guys NOT to buy names, no matter whose it is. NO ONE makes winners 100% of the time that everyone loves unconditionally.

and i have had two people so far ask me "what's wrong with you" to my face today, and my day isn't over yet, so don't take that high comment too seriously. o)
I know, I know just listing reasons.

tell me about it; I have 8 people tell me that a week... make the week good :)

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0

This!

The Anejo might be my favorite Fuente. It definitely is my favorite smoke so far (And I have tried all sizes except for the shark but I have a 2013 shark resting.) I havent had any Opus yet but I have a PL resting as well. The short story was an OK cigar but I dont think I let it rest enough after transit.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
There is a wide variety ...you should be able to find most of them though ..If you have any trouble I'm sure some of the brothers or even myself can point you in the right direction....usually I have access to casa Fuente for reasonable prices as well ...just let me know...

Last edited:

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0

I had a few 858 sungrown... overly bitter and dry to me, and I REALLY wanted to like them.
I tried all the Anejos and the only one that was good was the No.55... and I REALLLLLY wanted to like them.
Casa Fuentes are WAY to sweet to me... and I made sure everytime I smoked them was with friend and making a "night" of it... which always improves the chances of liking.. but.
The bitter theme was killing me with fuentes... maybe Cameroon isnt my leaf. :dunno:
I like some of the maduro fuentes better myself. I dont dislike the cameroon, but the maduros have been alot tastier.
Everybody is allowed to dislike, thats whats great about having so many options out there

Rating - 100%
65   0   0

What RH you keeping these at? I see a "bitter" theme here and im wondering if its stemming from something else.

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
I've never been a huge fan but I also haven't smoked all that many. Love the lower end stuff for yard gars but I can take or leave them.

The higher end stuff I haven't been too impressed with. Have had a handful of opus over the years. They were good not great, and some were aged three or more years.

The best Fuentes I've had have all been anejos, and if I could afford them they would be a permanent fixture in my box.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I had my first anejo last night and completely enjoyed it. I wonder though if the reason, in part, that I am a Hemingway fan is that it was the first quality cigar I had ever had. I had some gnarly ones before that (not too many) and someone at a shop recommended it.