What's new

Bad Fuente

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I know, I know.... sorry.... not sorry :)
1) i've seen some of the shit you burn, no questions on taste.

2) once again, something for everyone, that's the way the world works.

3) disregard 1 and 2; you don't like anejo, are you high?!?!?! o_0
I had a few 858 sungrown... overly bitter and dry to me, and I REALLY wanted to like them.
I tried all the Anejos and the only one that was good was the No.55... and I REALLLLLY wanted to like them.
Casa Fuentes are WAY to sweet to me... and I made sure everytime I smoked them was with friend and making a "night" of it... which always improves the chances of liking.. but.
I REALLY wanted to like the hemminway line but they where bitter to me...
The bitter theme was killing me with fuentes... maybe Cameroon isnt my leaf. :dunno:
And dont even get me started on fresh opus... and im an opus whore :argh:
What RH you keeping these at? I see a "bitter" theme here and im wondering if its stemming from something else.
Its not humidity; when I had them in my humidor they where at 65

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I know, I know.... sorry.... not sorry :)
1) i've seen some of the shit you burn, no questions on taste.

2) once again, something for everyone, that's the way the world works.

3) disregard 1 and 2; you don't like anejo, are you high?!?!?! o_0
I had a few 858 sungrown... overly bitter and dry to me, and I REALLY wanted to like them.
I tried all the Anejos and the only one that was good was the No.55... and I REALLLLLY wanted to like them.
Casa Fuentes are WAY to sweet to me... and I made sure everytime I smoked them was with friend and making a "night" of it... which always improves the chances of liking.. but.
I REALLY wanted to like the hemminway line but they where bitter to me...
The bitter theme was killing me with fuentes... maybe Cameroon isnt my leaf. :dunno:
And dont even get me started on fresh opus... and im an opus whore :argh:
I like some of the maduro fuentes better myself. I dont dislike the cameroon, but the maduros have been alot tastier.
Everybody is allowed to dislike, thats whats great about having so many options out there
For sure; casa fuente and hemmingway only come cameroon wrapped so not much choice there

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
...Everybody is allowed to dislike, thats whats great about having so many options out there
It's not unlike wine. Or beer. Or food. Or bourbon...

Our physical bodies differ from one another so you have to figure that our palettes do, too. That's why people buy "Two Buck Chuck" as well as a Sterling.

Also, we like different things on different days. Some days I crave sushi and other days pizza. This is one of the other things I am discovering about cigars - there is an appropriate cigar for whatever mood I am in or whichever flavors I feel like tasting.

I can say, though, that any cigar that I've tried with a Connecticut wrapper I have had to "power through" the first 2-3 minutes of. The initial aroma and taste upon lighting reminds me of cigarettes and almost makes me puke.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
...Everybody is allowed to dislike, thats whats great about having so many options out there
It's not unlike wine. Or beer. Or food. Or bourbon...

Our physical bodies differ from one another so you have to figure that our palettes do, too. That's why people buy "Two Buck Chuck" as well as a Sterling.

Also, we like different things on different days. Some days I crave sushi and other days pizza. This is one of the other things I am discovering about cigars - there is an appropriate cigar for whatever mood I am in or whichever flavors I feel like tasting.

I can say, though, that any cigar that I've tried with a Connecticut wrapper I have had to "power through" the first 2-3 minutes of. The initial aroma and taste upon lighting reminds me of cigarettes and almost makes me puke.
Good call. Yesterday was a stressful morning at the job, lunch called for a punch in the face cigar so i know what you mean