What's new

Bahia gold from 1979

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Sorry a single cigar for 2 lbs of HF beads is that what you are saying cause if that is the case I would take the deal.
2lbs of HF beads is roughly $65-70 if I am not mistaken...The cigar is at best $5 I would take the trade.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I agree with fishes. The Black Pearl and Bahia are $2.00 sticks. You don't say what size on the CC's. Trade with someone with a rating and you might be surprised what 2 pounds of beads will bring.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I agree with fishes. The Black Pearl and Bahia are $2.00 sticks. You don't say what size on the CC's. Trade with someone with a rating and you might be surprised what 2 pounds of beads will bring.
Just ask Darkman!!!!!!!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
This is a funny thread.

I remember when the Bahia Gold were released and I tried to get the line for my little Cigar Kiosk at the World trade Center. I had bumped into Mr. Borhani at a lunch buffet during the Cincinnati RTDA trade show and asked him if I could have it. He told me yes, then changed his mind when he gave it to Barcley Rex in lower Manhattan. The original Bahia Gold were an incredible stick, made with an Ecuador capa by Don Douglas and a lot of strength for those days. Shortly afterwards, the Bahia Gold Maduro followed, and then the whole CAO flare up which ultimately led to the Bahia demise.

Those were interesting days and that cigar may not have a big dollar worth at this point, but to some old timers who were around back then and remember that cigar, it is a very valuable and special stick. If you have any intention of remaining a cigar lover for the long haul I would not trade that cigar ... someday you will smoke it, 3 or 4 years from now, or maybe gift it to a friend who knows what it is ...

Best,
JD

IMG_2008.jpg

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
This is a funny thread.

I remember when the Bahia Gold were released and I tried to get the line for my little Cigar Kiosk at the World trade Center. I had bumped into Mr. Borhani at a lunch buffet during the Cincinnati RTDA trade show and asked him if I could have it. He told me yes, then changed his mind when he gave it to Barcley Rex in lower Manhattan. The original Bahia Gold were an incredible stick, made with an Ecuador capa by Don Douglas and a lot of strength for those days. Shortly afterwards, the Bahia Gold Maduro followed, and then the whole CAO flare up which ultimately led to the Bahia demise.

Those were interesting days and that cigar may not have a big dollar worth at this point, but to some old timers who were around back then and remember that cigar, it is a very valuable and special stick. If you have any intention of remaining a cigar lover for the long haul I would not trade that cigar ... someday you will smoke it, 3 or 4 years from now, or maybe gift it to a friend who knows what it is ...

Best,
JD

View attachment 29822
I have several of those, plus a bunch of the XXO maduros.