Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jebloom22

Master Blend
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you do with your cigar bands?

If you "Make something with 'em," what do you make? Show photos if you got 'em.

Last edited:

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Just sitting in a jar right now.. Eventually I want to do something with them like a small ashtray/accessory stand for my porch. We'll see though.

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio
If it's a really good cigar, I keep the band to remember to order more (unless I've already added them to my spreadsheet under "order more")... If I don't need the band any more, I give them to Jack and he gives them to someone who is doing something with them.

MICSTOGIE

Gear-Head-Banger
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I save them for 2 reasons:

1) to remember what I liked

2) I plan on glueing them to wooden pens & cigar punches that I turn.

I haven't tried one yet but when it gets warmer I plan on figuring it out.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
jebloom22 those are sweet. I have been saving mine for a few years. I have a few empty boxes full of bands and tax stamps. Thinking about doing something with them though.

FireDoc83

Cigar Assassin
Rating - 98.5%
108   1   0
I currently keep at least one of every smoke and put them in a journal. Each brand has its own page(s) and I post the band from each line on the perspective page with a little tidbit about it (rating, name, etc...). Just a little collection and reference guide for myself.

Bsneed51

Lock and Load
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently saving mine up because me and my smoking buddies like to play dominoes, so we are going to make a dominoes table with bands filling in the center.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I currently keep at least one of every smoke and put them in a journal. Each brand has its own page(s) and I post the band from each line on the perspective page with a little tidbit about it (rating, name, etc...). Just a little collection and reference guide for myself.
I did that! That's all my blog is really... an electronic version of my journal. I just figured it would be harder to lose that way.

I still keep one band of each smoke, though. Right now they're pinned to my cork board at work. When I get more I'll decoupage them onto the lid of my humi or something...

{Edit to add that I really like jebloom22's frames!}

Last edited:

WARDOGG

Crusher of Hopes & Dreams
Rating - 100%
10   0   2
For the most part I toss mine. The only exception are my Opus X labels. I usually only smoke Opus on special occasions like birthdays, promotions etc...

With those, I write the date, the event and whoever was with me on the back of the label then I stash it. Eventually I want to have them all framed in something that enables you to see both sides.

Psojka RP,601

This place IS my vacation
Rating - 94.7%
19   1   0
This summer i will start a few small end tables covered in bands. ive been having guys at work toss their unwanted bands in a jar for me and ive got the 400 or so that ive saved plus about another 800 sitting at work! i want to do at least two small end tables. one with just LFD DL 700 bands and another with other favorites of mine. if time allows, i may do another one with popular smokes at my work and keep the table at the shop or something!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to cut a cigar shape out of plywood and cover it with my bands. Just need to smoke more!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I have a cigar journal (with a hologram picture of Batman on the front, no less!).

Every time I smoke a cigar I glue the band into the book and write a few thoughts about it.