• Give 'em away

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SmokeyOgre

Has Layers
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used to just toss the, but recently I've started keeping them in a big glass jar I keep in the "man cave". Looks cool, good for conversation, and one of these days i might do something with them once the jar gets full... We'll see

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I save them, hoping to make something with them..

If I may,
Jebloom22, what did you use to adhere the bands? They look very nice.

jebloom22

Master Blend
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I save them, hoping to make something with them..

If I may,
Jebloom22, what did you use to adhere the bands? They look very nice.
Thanks. I used photo-grade glue stick. The first time I did it, I used a regular Elmer's glue stick, and some of the label edges have since popped up (nothing that can't be fixed). Using a higher quality glue, and making sure to apply the glue to the entire backside of the label helps. I mounted them to 11x14 board and then matted/framed them.

They're significant to me because I don't take labels from anyone, rather I prefer to use only labels from cigars I've smoked myself. I had my F-I-L save his bands, and I double-matted a 4x6 for him for the holidays. I'll have to post of photo of it too.

Here it is:

Last edited:

xddco

The Skipper
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I have about 10 years worth in a VERY large vase..... I filled the vase once before and gave them to a guy making cigar box purses. Probably time to do that again.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
If it's a really good cigar, I keep the band to remember to order more (unless I've already added them to my spreadsheet under "order more")... If I don't need the band any more, I give them to Jack and he gives them to someone who is doing something with them.

You mean you don't give me EVERY cigar band? :cryloud:

MattBell

Will work for Dirty Rats
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I have all of mine in a jar. I figure it will be a nice way to keep track of how much i smoke this year. Although, now that I think about it, I may not WANT to know how much I smoke this year.

I would love to make something fun out of it whether it be a table top, cigar case, or something else. I guess we'll see when the jar is finally full!! :)

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I give all of my bands and most of my boxes to a barmaid that uses them for crafts. I get to drink pretty much for free on those nights.

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I keep them. Partially to keep track of how much I've smoked, partially cause I'm a borderline hoarder, and don't throw anything away, and partially cause I hope to one day make something with them, like framing them in a picture.