What's new

Barclay Rex 100th Anniversary Review

boomerd35

Living La Vida Smoka
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Great review. I've had one and I absolutely loved it! But I didn't have any construction issues with the one I smoked. Sorry to hear yours did.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Thanks for another great review Shawn. I was curious how many did you get to try before writing the review? So far my box has been smoking well. I have had one split on me but I associated it with bad luck. This is one of my favorite sticks that I keep going back too. Wish I had bought two boxes when I had the chance.
Unfortunately this is the only one I've had, just happened to get it out of a box pass and figured why not review it? In the future I hope to start smoking two or three of a particular cigar before I review it.

Where were you smoking this stick? Outisde, inside, temps?
Outside in my garage, but I had a space heater on which made temperatures relatively normal so that shouldn't of been an issue.

Shawn, maybe you just had a bad one? Thanks for the review.
Entirely possible, but based on what I've seen I'm not the only one who had these problems.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I believe I have smoked 6 of these so far and did have one experience same wrapper issue as you. However it was smoked in relatively cold conditions so don't know if that played a role. I can say about half of them were pretty fantastic but I have noticed some inconsistencies in flavors at various stages. I smoked one last night that had a huge pepper kick at the beginning much more so than the others I smoked. Pretty much all of them have worn me out by the end in terms of nicotine kick which is unusual for me because I normally handle a heavy cigar pretty well. Still think these are going to age very well.

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I'll say it again these are not as good as the Tenderloin which if I'm not mistaken they are similar, not the same blend or could be age who knows only time will tell.

Great review BTW, thanks for taking the time to make it so thorough!