What's new

Be careful when buying a custom Humidor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, over on cigar asylum he is making all kinds of new humidors. I was about to buy a smaller one, but after seeing this thread, I think I am going to steer clear.
My understanding is he makes good small humidors, or at least that what they say over on the other forum.

I have a thread that was closed on the other forum as the admis state it was going no were and it was hard to keep on tracke. I think it was because I did not give up the name of the vendor and then figured out (not hard to do) who the vendor was and didn't want me go give the name out at a later point.

I have purchased a wine cooler that I will make into my humidor. I have my plans ready to go. I am just waiting to see what happens with the waxing moon humidor. If I do not get refuned I will sell the humidor for a lose and keep informing people to be careful when buy from him. :tiphat:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's his full time business he should easily have the money to refund you. If he doesn't have $1500 available, he's not eating for very long.

I'd file a lawsuit against him. Seems like most people like this find the money once they realize they're going to lose money if they don't settle out of court.
The problem I have with filing a lawsuit is the money I will need to spend to file and lose on top the money lost with the humidor. I will look at filing a lawsuit from one state to another.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aside from quite possibly the worst pictures ever taken, you can definitely see the shoddy craftsmanship. I hope you get your money back.
Ya the pictures were bad as my camera was attcking up. I didn't want to take the time to take new one. Plust those are what was sent to waxing moon and as you stated you can see the problems with such bad pictures.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
I paid a large amount of money for a humidification system that wasn't worth a shit. The story sounds similar. I think I know who this is but can't/wont out him here. It would be bad form.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I paid a large amount of money for a humidification system that wasn't worth a shit. The story sounds similar. I think I know who this is but can't/wont out him here. It would be bad form.
Why not out him? Do you want other people to buy from him and possibly get screwed? Spill the beans :halfgrinw

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
That sucks, I would hate to have to wait all that time and end up with a piece like that. I really hope you get your refund and buy an avallo or an aristocrat.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can understand you point of view. I had the same for a long time. I even keep from post the vendor nam on the outher forum as I did not want to be "that guy". I feel because I did not give the name I was looked at the guy that just wants something for free.

I posted the name her to let other know the problems I have had and to make sure other do their homework first. For me to pay that amount of money and get screwed even after I was willing to allow him to fix my concerns. His lack of fixing the concerns, telling me he would refund me and take 9 months and count to do so, leave me no other option but to let other know what I have experianced and to be careful.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Ya the pictures were bad as my camera was attcking up. I didn't want to take the time to take new one. Plust those are what was sent to waxing moon and as you stated you can see the problems with such bad pictures.
Just busting your chops, man. :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me make a correction so that I do not get called out for giving wrong information. My wife contacted waxing moon by email bak on 2-25-11. The total price we paid was just under $1160.00 for the humidor and shipping. Shipping was just over $156.00. A payment of just over a $1000.00 was made on 3-1-11 then the shipping payment was made on the week of 5-9-11 as the shipping cost quote went fro $75.00 that we included in the first payment to the $156.00 shipping cost due to size of the box and coast for having someone package the humidor. I can say the packaging was great. The Humidor was shipped out with in a week of receiving the additional shipping cost payment.

As you can see this took about 2 months to build from payment received. I am here waiting for my refund as shown in the first post.

Be careful ordering a custom humidor from waxing moon.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Smelvis' condition is known, for those who've known him for a while... He's been upfront with it, & I believe he's dealt with it in an outstanding way.

He's a straight shooting great brother, & I hope his future plans will make him as happy as I think they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.